As Director of Finance, you will deliver a high level of business partnering support to our Executive Vice President, Construction, working closely with the Executive Construction Leadership and Senior Corporate Finance teams. You will partner and share expertise in relation to financial analysis, business strategy, operational budgeting and other key analytical information for the purpose of enhancing management decision making. You will directly manage and lead regional finance teams across the country, supporting the divisional and strategic goals with a focus on service delivery. You enjoy building strong relationships with regional leaders and continuously look for innovative ideas, opportunities and solutions that align with the company’s growth strategy. You are an exceptional leader with a development mindset who can think ahead and see the big picture to make Ledcor a stronger organization.
Ledcor is reorganizing its finance function to better leverage the team’s size and skills to become more efficient. This is a multi-year initiative that will bring many benefits including improved internal controls and better opportunities for developing our financial talent. It is part of Ledcor's drive to increase scalability, consistency, and efficiency across our Shared Services teams. If you are looking for a career where you can make a real difference, come join our True Blue team today!
This position can be located in either Vancouver, BC or Toronto, ON.
- Develops, implements, analyses, maintains, and presents divisional financial information to support programs, projects, contracts and processes
- Responsible for financial modelling, interpretation of financial data, and presentation of the financial narrative to achieve accurate and timely decisions
- Identifies and creates informative metrics, reports and analytics that drive business decisions and outcomes
- Liaise with the leadership of the division regarding performance levels and future service delivery opportunities
- Leads, develops and coaches direct reports to maximize their individual and team performance
- Monitor project and regional performance and investigate variance to expectations
- Identifies opportunities for profit maximization and cost savings through insight and analysis
- Ensures compliance with Ledcor’s financial management policies and internal control guidelines
- Be aware of external market trends with financial matters (including technologies and market variability) and bring that information into the organization
- 10+ years’ of relevant combined work experience within a medium to large construction company with international operations
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Finance, or other relevant discipline
- CPA, CFA and/or MBA preferred
- Membership and involvement with FMI or CFMA is desirable
- Demonstrated experience of providing strong, customer focus and results driven leadership to large, cross functional teams in a complex matrix environment
- Strong knowledge of planning, modeling, analytical tools and other enabling technologies
- Analytical thinking skills combined with the ability to find creative solutions
- Proficient in utilizing business tools such as: Excel, PowerPoint, JD Edwards, Hyperion or other large ERP systems and other analytical and modeling tools
- Strong leadership skills to motivate, coach, and mentor team members
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including relationship building, influencing and facilitation
- Experience working in a dynamic environment and demonstrated reliance during times of change
Learn more about life at Ledcor by watching our True Blue Video
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Feb 14, 2020
1067 West Cordova Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada