If you are a low-time pilot looking to get a ‘foot in the door’ with a reputable aviation company, Summit Air has great opportunities for Pilots-in-Waiting at our base in Yellowknife, NT.
As a Pilot-in-Waiting, you will be an integral part of the Summit Air team in the role of Ramp Attendant, gaining exposure to our fleet of both passenger and cargo aircraft.
Put your skills to work and build your aviation career with us. Join the growing Summit Air team – apply today!
- Marshal aircraft in ramp area, and tow aircraft on the ground
- Unload and load passenger baggage and cargo to/from aircraft
- Assist with aircraft grooming and washing
- De-ice aircraft and assist crew in preparing aircraft for departure
- Perform snow removal duties as required
- Ensure necessary ground equipment is available in the ramp area for upcoming flights
- Assist with freight handling
- Perform additional tasks as assigned by the Ground Operations Supervisor
- Holds current commercial pilot license (IATRA preferred)
- Multi-IFR training is a definite asset
- Previous ramp or other job-site experience (construction, labour, etc.) preferred
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the position which include bending, climbing, and heavy lifting
- Previous ramp or other job-site experience an asset
- Must meet pre-employment drug & alcohol testing requirements
- Working outside in all weather conditions
- Pilot-in-waiting positions are expected to lead to flying positions
- Must be eligible to work in Canada, and currently residing in Canada
Summit Air, a member of the Ledcor Group of Companies, has been delivering remote aviation solutions to our customers for over 20 years. We have one of the largest and most diverse fleets in the industry. From moving cargo, to transferring passengers, to recreational flights for adventurers seeking to discover the North, we are a one-stop solution when it comes to safe and reliable aviation support. Learn more at www.flysummitair.com
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic.
Feb 14, 2020
27 Yellowknife Airport, 100 Dickins Street, Yellowknife, NT, Canada