You are a marine professional looking to build your career in the role of Vessel Superintendent. Your leadership style is to support and inspire your team and to achieve their goals. In this position, you will actively attend vessels and customer facilities to verify we meet all requirements to operate safely in accordance with Ledcor’s operating procedures. You will identify gaps and put in place measures to correct those. This role reports to the Port Captain and will work closely with the mariners and day to day operations team.
Join the team at the Ledcor Marine office in Richmond, BC today!
- Actively monitors operational condition of company vessels and customer depots/facilities utilized by company fleet, and performs problem solving and troubleshooting to address operational concerns
- Promotes, monitor and audit the implementation and training of company procedures by actively visiting crew during voyages and/or at customer facilities
- Based on observations, advice Port Captain regarding required training needs, operational concerns
- Assists with managing the crew training programs and personnel performance assessments
- Review and update standard operating procedures
- Conduct/update risk assessments as required
- Ensures vessels are prepared for external inspections and audits
- Initiate Management of Change Process when required
- Assist with incident investigations and corrective action follow up/close out related to vessel incidents
- Monitor timely close out of fleet safety concerns and corrective actions
- Over site and management of vessel and crew certifications
- Assist with dispatch duties as required with occasional on call duties
- General liaison with crew and shoreside
- Marine background with knowledge of relevant Canadian and international marine regulations
- Knowledge of BC coastal waters including Fraser river will be considered an asset for this position
- Tugboat/OSV experience will be considered an asset for this position
- Ability to work independently, set and meet deadlines
- Must be able to work flexible hours and shifts
- Able to work in an operational customer orientated environment
- Strong computer skills across a variety of planning and user software including MS Office and Excel
- Strong relationship development skills & ability to work effectively in a team atmosphere
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to constant change
- Strong written and oral communication skills and superior customer service orientation
- Proven problem solving, critical thinking and analytical skills
- Ability to follow instructions, and work with minimal supervision while setting priorities and managing deadlines
Ledcor Resources & Transportation combines our trucking, marine, and forestry operations to offer integrated supply chain services to British Columbia’s forestry and bioenergy industry. We produce and deliver biofuel, wood chips, and kraft pulp by land and by sea.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Mar 20, 2020
11171 River Road, Richmond, BC, Canada