You are a Lead Hand with previous experience working in underground utility or civil construction industry. In this role, you will assist in the completion of projects, and guide processes and employees in the absence of leaders. You are practiced at operating a variety of machinery (mini excavators, skid steers, backhoes) and train new workers on day to day operations. As part of the crew, and in collaboration with the other crew members, you will complete work safely and efficiently.
Join our Technical Services team in Ottawa today!
- Completes regular vehicle maintenance checks and associated paperwork
- Drives cube van or 3-ton dump truck with trailer in tow
- Keeps crew vehicles consistently clean and organized
- Works with crew members to perform the day’s tasks (excavating pits, rod, and rope conduits, placing underground cables in conduits, assisting in directional bore operations, removing and replacing concrete and asphalt, etc...)
- Trains and leads new workers on day to day work practices and procedures
- Operates equipment (mini excavators, skid steers, backhoes) and lifts heavy items (up to 50 lbs.), as required
- Reads underground utility locates and ensures safe digging practices are always being adhered to
- Assists in restoring job sites back to their original state
- Maintains a healthy and safe work environment for the crew, the public, the customer, and Ledcor
- May perform other related duties as required
- Previous experience working in the underground utility construction, civil construction or landscaping
- Ability to read underground utility locates
- Capable of reading underground telecommunication plans and work maps
- Experience operating and maintaining mini excavators, skid steers and backhoes
- Strong time management skills with the ability to attend to a broad range of activities
- Technically adept with a strong ability to learn quickly, analyze information, and problem solve
- Capable of writing clearly and succinctly for different forms of communication
- Clean drivers abstract
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements
- Applicants that reside in Ontario will be given preference due to the location of this project
- Some travel will be required to site and/or other office locations
- Working outdoors in various weather conditions
- Benefits provided by CLAC
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
May 19, 2020
6 Booth Street, Ottawa, ON, Canada