You are an experienced Tug Master in the Fraser River, looking to leverage your proven skills and knowledge in a challenging and rewarding marine environment. Ledcor is committed to the ongoing development of our Mariners, providing opportunity to upgrade your certificate of competency. With opportunities for leadership and career development, you will join our dedicated vessel operations team. Our main operations center is based in Richmond, BC.
With new opportunities on the horizon, it’s an exciting time to join the Ledcor Marine team!
- Ensures the vessel crew meets Ledcor Health, Safety and Environmental Standards and follow safe operating procedures
- Operational control and knowledge of tugboat in all aspects of towing barges and ship assists
- Interacts closely with crew and management and manages the day-to-day operation of vessel and crew
- Communicates with shore-based team to promote efficiency and safety in the entire operation
- 2 to 5 years' sea service towing barges and/or towing logs on the Fraser River and the BC Coast
- Must have a minimum 60 GT Domestic Certificate of Competency
- Valid Transport Canada Marine Medical Certificate
- Knowledge of tides, waters, coastlines, marine hazards and the weather, and knowledge of how these factors impact on each voyage.
- Knowledge of relevant Port Authority operations procedures and regulations and demonstrated competence in Collision Regulations (Canada Shipping Act 2001) and familiarity with international shipping regulations
- Must have experience navigating and operating tugs on the Fraser River, particularly North Arm and South (Main) Arm; familiarity with Fraser River bridges and bridge transit restrictions from Marpole to Mission
- Knowledge, familiarity and demonstrated skill in maintaining vessel machinery and navigation electronics
- Must be familiar with towing tandem barges in tight quarters under couplers and tandem towing on deep sea gear
- Strong communication, supervisory, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent tug/barge safety record and demonstrated boat handling skills
- Ability to meet Pre-Employment Drug & Alcohol testing requirements
- Scheduled shift rotation with competitive compensation package
- Working outdoors in various weather conditions
- Benefits provided by CLAC
Ledcor Resources & Transportation combines our trucking, marine, and forestry operations to offer integrated supply chain services to British Columbia’s forestry and bioenergy industry. We produce and deliver biofuel, wood chips, and kraft pulp by land and by sea.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Aug 14, 2020
11171 River Road, Richmond, BC, Canada