The Silverdale Reload Facility is seeking an experienced Equipment Operator for our fibre reload based in Mission, BC. You will operate a wheel loader (John Deere 844K), track dozer (CAT D8), and skid steer (John Deere 323D). You will complete fibre conveying and barge reloading activities and tasks. You must have a thorough understanding of safety and operating procedures in an industrial environment. You are a strong team player with the ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
Join the True Blue Team today!
- Operate front-end wheel Loader in fast-paced environment.
- Operate front-end wheel Loader efficiently and safely.
- Organize Inventory in a wood fibre yard in relation to specific requirements.
- Load fibre barges in relation to specifications.
- Maintain coordinated effort and communication to ensure yard runs efficiently.
- Perform standard maintenance on Wheel Loader/Dozer/Conveyor/static equipment
- Meet productivity goals in a safe and consistent manner.
- Experience working as an Equipment Operator in an outdoor industrial environment is an asset.
- Experience in loading, indexing, trimming fibre barges is an asset
- Minimum 2000hrs operating front end wheel loader
- Experience operating track Dozer an asset
- Understanding of fibre handling incl. pile segregation as well blending of final product on barges is an asset
- Experience maintaining equipment; general repair and upkeep.
- Ability to prioritize and respond to challenges faced in a mill type environment.
- In good physical condition in response to job requirements.
- Ability to work alone (evening shift) with minimal supervision.
- Must be organized, an effective communicator, quick and accurate thinker and detail orientated in all aspects of the job.
- Must have excellent hand-eye coordination.
- Working outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Working Evening shift (available Weekends, including Saturdays/Sundays)
- Ability to complete pre-access Drug and Alcohol testing
Ledcor Resources & Transportation combines our trucking, marine, and forestry operations to offer integrated supply chain services to British Columbia’s forestry and bioenergy industry. We produce and deliver biofuel, wood chips, and kraft pulp by land and by sea.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Apr 23, 2020
34077 Gladys Avenue, Abbotsford, BC, Canada