You are an experienced Superintendent, working independently or with minimal direction/guidance, who will be responsible for the smooth functioning of day to day operations, implementing the field aspects of the agreed upon project plan and schedule, including quality control; safety, and the delegation of work to field staff, contractors and trades people ensuring that projects are completed on time and within budget. You are a problem solver and continuously look for innovative solutions that can be utilized on projects.
Come join our True Blue team in Fort McMurray today!
- Ensures that projects are built according to approved plans, specifications and applicable building codes and that efficiency in labour and materials maintain high quality standards
- Ensures that site safety measures meet or exceed the parameters set out by corporate safety manual, Workers’ Compensation Board or any other authorities
- Reviews, maintains and updates the construction schedule and ensures milestone and completion dates are met
- Oversees the care and maintenance of company vehicles and equipment on the project to maximize use while on the job site and returns equipment to storage or the rental company when no longer required
- Reviews subtrade/supplier invoices against the field purchase orders and report any discrepancies to the Project Manager or the accounting department
- Hires and manages hourly employees as required to complete the project in consultation with the Project Manager and maintains, approves and submits hourly time cards with all necessary details for job costing purposes
- Prepares field change orders to be signed by project owner or representative when requested
- Minimum 10 years construction experience
- Experience with steel driven piles, concrete cast-in-place piles, sheet piles, CFA piles, other shoring methods and tie backs
- Experience working on large scale industrial and infrastructure projects
- Solid understanding of modern construction practices
- Ability to plan and manage to a project schedule
- Understanding of construction documents and the ability to ensure that they are complete, protect the owner’s interest, clearly define expectations and provide incentive to perform
- Contract negotiation/management skills
- Knowledge of construction costs and budgets
- A strong safety record and the ability to work with a variety of individuals
- Capacity to respond to stakeholder requests in typical situations and investigate facts
- Ability to communicate complex information clearly and in appropriate style
- Willingness to actively share experience and ideas with team
- Capable of identifying straightforward problems, generating possible solutions and assessing those solutions against standard procedures or guidelines
- This is a site based role
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Feb 28, 2020
Fort MacKay Industrial Park Lot 21, Fort MacKay, AB, Canada