You are an HS&E Manager who will enable and facilitate the work activities of division, region, branch or site HS&E teams. These are based either at one of Ledcor’s major corporate offices, or at a major site or in a region close to multiple sites. Your main core objectives will be to support Project leadership, HSE support staff, Ledcor’s divisional leadership, client personnel.
If you are interested in leading exciting commercial construction projects and mentoring a diverse team of professionals, join the Ledcor Building team in Calgary, AB today!
- Takes the lead in HS&E mentoring, training and coaching role of site's Operations personnel
- Enables and facilitates project site(s) HS&E personnel
- Advises, ensures and is responsible for implementation of HS&E program on project site(s)
- Recommends/advises to Senior HS&E management on programs and tactics to enhance the HS&E culture, capability and performance within the Business Unit - helps to set priorities for the team
- Recommends to Senior Business Unit management on the tactics/steps required to implement HS&E programs for their region or site(s)
- Coaches, assists and supports site HS&E and Operations people to understand client HS&E needs - develops PSSP (aligned with Ledcor’s HS&E program) to meet client requirements
- Plans HS&E teamwork activities with site operations supervisors
- Able to perform the HS&E work being supervised - may need to fill in for cross shift or HS&E people shortages
- Applies expertise to solve problems within the HS&E program guidelines for their site(s)
- Represents Ledcor at client meetings on site level interfaces as required
- Participates (with Operations) in the evaluation and selection - staffing; and ongoing performance management processes for HS&E P level positions within the Business Unit or Division
- Resolves day-to-day or routine issues through immediate actions or short-term planning within defined processes
- Enables and facilitates HS&E and operations resources to meet short-term and long-term HS&E objectives
- Sets objectives for HS&E employees to achieve HS&E capabilities for their site(s)
- Able to manage difficult HS&E issues and obtain agreement as needed
- Provides guidance and oversight for incident management on project site(s).
- Recommends to Business Unit management on HS&E issues
- Participates in Operations led incident investigations when requested - possess a high level of expertise in incident investigations, determining corrective actions and ensuring follow-up
- Participates in the performance management of HS&E employees through task assignments, ongoing assessment, feedback and coaching
- 10+ year's relevant Health and Safety experience in Telecom, Construction or related industry
- Degree in OH&S or related discipline preferred
- Pursuit of CRSP, CSP or other HS&E designation
- Experience managing teams
- Technical / functional expertise is HS&E related within their Business Unit
- Able to influence work planning and execution by field / operations people as relates to achieving HS&E objectives
- Enjoys working hard - is action oriented and full of energy
- Identifies opportunities to improve - sees them as challenges to overcome
- Dedicated to meeting requirements of internal and external customers - acts with customers in mind
- Is an active leader in following HS&E processes and programs towards exceeding HS&E goals
- Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully
- Acts in line with Ledcor core values - knows and talks to them, grounds decisions in those values during both good and bad times
- Viewed as a mentor and expert in Ledcor HS&E 4.0 program and practices, health and safety regulations, and proactive safety activities and programs
- Possess a good understanding of work processes
- Keeps confidences through maintaining truthful demeanor and can admits mistakes
- Has broad knowledge of HS&E practices
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic.
Apr 2, 2020
1930 Maynard Road SE, Calgary, AB, Canada