As the Contracts Manager on this package of the TMEP, you will manage contract activities within the Project which will include reviewing, negotiating, drafting, and interpreting construction contracts and related documents with the objective of identifying and mitigating business and contracting risks. You will perform legal inquiries, review and draft standard and non-standard contract terms, and other documentation. This is you opportunity to play a pivotal role on this high profile project.
Apply today to join our pipeline team!
- Support Management in their review of tender and bid documentation including proposed contract terms and conditions. Ensure the documentation of recommendations, clarifications, & qualifications are in conjunction with the legal department
- Liaise with corporate counsel on contracting and risk issues where significant legal implications arise from the contracting process
- Ensure proper handling of contracts, support documentation and related files
- Provide the Project team with understanding of the relevant aspects of the construction agreements
- Develop and maintain all processes and procedures including all standard agreement templates and documents
- Engage with and provide stewardship to the Project team involved in the formation and administration of subcontracts and purchasing process including adherence to recognized Industrial construction bidding and award practices. Ensure flow down of Prime Contract terms in all subcontract and purchasing commitments
- Provide coaching and support to project staff engaged in the formation and administration of subcontracts
- Implement, manage, and administer all aspects of the Project change management methodology and Prime Contract management
- Participate in the resolution of subcontractor claims and disputes
- Ensure the project is in compliance with internal corporate requirements related to contract administration
- Lead internal self-audits and continuous improvement of contract processes and procedures
- Minimum 10 years related experience.
- Relevant post-secondary education.
- Familiarity with construction methodology and a thorough understanding of the risks inherent within the industry
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of contract terminology, practices and concepts
- Demonstrated ability to apply strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong customer service ethic
- Site based position
- 6&1 rotational shift
- Camp lodging provided
Ledcor Pipeline offers a unique set of pipeline services unmatched anywhere in the oil and gas industry. From pipeline construction to investigative digs and subcontractor management, we are accustomed to operating in challenging terrain, and we maintain some of the largest pipeline networks in the world.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Mar 6, 2020
7008 Roper Road NW, Edmonton, AB, Canada