You are an experienced Design & Engineering Supervisor, responsible for leading and developing a team of telecommunications network OSP designers, drafters, fielders, permit coordinators, aerial coordinators, third-party conduit coordinators, project assigned GIS analysts and other associated outside plant engineering personnel. You possess well-rounded OSP engineering knowledge, leadership abilities, client management skills and are able to lead and grow a team of designers.
You will lead and provide technical guidance to the OSP design team. In addition, you will conduct final reviews of all completed work by the team to ensure a high level of quality and accuracy of existing underground and civil plant infrastructure is maintained for the addition of proposed OSP network installations.
Join the Ledcor Technical Services team in Calgary, AB today!
- Directing supervision of designers, including performance management and training
- Ensuring deliverables are delivered on time and on budget
- Conducting final reviews of all completed work by the team to ensure a high degree of quality & accuracy of existing underground/civil plant infrastructure is maintained for the addition of proposed OSP network installations
- Support projects such as FTTH deployments, fiber-to-the-suite, greenfield residential and commercial developments.
- Manage day-to-day growth and sustainment of existing telecommunications networks (road relocations, infrastructure adds/moves/changes)
- Coordinating with designers to ensure scope of work has been adhered to
- Ensuring scheduled deadlines and project deliverables are maintained for all engineering related assignments
- Managing work to approved budgets and schedules
- Incorporating safety into all aspects of designs
- Quality and safety reviews of outside plant civil design and analysis of underground and pole transition infrastructure
- Providing feedback and collaborating with Managers for process improvements and procedural changes
- Providing oversight of contract labour management, including developing consistent scope of work requirements, assisting with pricing negotiations and providing approvals for contract labour company selection
- 5+ years in the telecommunications or engineering industries
- 3+ years leading engineers or designers
- Graduate from a technical college program preferably in civil, electrical/telecommunications, GIS or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of outside plant design practices and municipal permitting requirements is a requirement
- Experience in aerial and underground telecommunications design and construction practices
- Experience in design and/or construction of outside plant telecommunication network infrastructure
- Fibre optic (FTTH, FTTx, Long-haul, local access), copper, or Hybrid Fibre Coax (HFC) network design and construction experience is considered an asset
- Familiar with applicable codes and standards (e.g. CSA, provincial)
- Professional engineer status (P.Eng) is considered an asset
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic.
Jun 2, 2020
1930 Maynard Road SE, Calgary, AB, Canada