You are a Field Construction Manager with experience working in multi-disciplinary Residential or Commercial Construction projects, or Telecommunications. You’re an integral part of the project team and will work with a diverse group of stakeholders to coordinate and oversee the design and installation of telecom infrastructure in Greenfield developments under the supervision of the project manager. In addition to ensuring projects are completed on time and within budget, you will assist operations staff with safety and quality control.
Join the Ledcor Technical Services Team in Vancouver & Calgary today!
- Promotes a culture of health, safety and environmental protection on the project by taking an active role in the implementation of the Project Specific Safety Program (PSSP) to achieve compliance of Ledcor HS&E standards, applicable OH&S regulations and codes
- Fosters and maintains cooperative relationships with all key stakeholders on the development, internally, and with the client
- Monitors the new development construction progress and advises the project team of key dates to ensure project milestones and completion dates are met
- Participates in the tracking of project milestones and financial deadlines; assists with the maintenance of the project schedule and baseline schedule and reviews with Project Manager/Superintendent
- Ensures that projects are built according to approved plans, specifications, drawings, and applicable codes and that quality standards are maintained
- Performs general administrative and recordkeeping functions including the review and distribution of documentation; preparation of correspondence and meeting minutes; maintenance of files, logs, drawings, specifications and submittals
- Provides site knowledge and support to internal groups including design, estimating, supply chain, build, and sales
- Supports the subcontract management process through the tendering and awarding of work or supply materials, processes invoices and progress claims and assists with the review of documents and inquiries
- Coordinates the change order management process by securing pricing from the vendor/subcontractor, reviewing and inputting the data for project manager review, submitting change requests for approval and following through with subcontract change orders/purchase orders as directed
- Performs other related duties as required
- 2 to 5 years of related work experience or combination of relevant education and experience. Experience with greenfield construction projects is an asset
- Completed post-secondary education in Telecom, Construction, Engineering or related discipline an asset
- Working knowledge of construction or telecom documents, drawings, specifications and current construction practices and methodology
- Able to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple project stakeholders and interpret their needs
- Capable of identifying issues and generating solutions in moderately complex situations
- Willingness to contribute actively in team discussions, sharing experiences and ideas
- Strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Capable of probing and listening carefully, presenting information clearly in an appropriate style and persuading others in straightforward situations
- Strong computer skills with an aptitude for learning new programs; ability to use Microsoft Office suite; familiar with scheduling software
- Must have and maintain a valid provincial driver’s license
- Successful completion of a criminal background check and pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic.
Apr 3, 2020
1067 West Cordova Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada