As a Corrosion Surveyor within our Ledcor Industrial Maintenance team, you will be part of a nation-wide effort responsible for the ongoing care of our client's buried facilities. Join the Ledcor Industrial Maintenance team today to perform maintenance tasks at our client's facilities in Western Canada. Your work will primarily be performed at our client's facility in central Alberta.
- Drive to various geographic locations to conduct corrosion surveys
- Walk on pipeline right of way to locate and stake pipelines
- Perform corrosion surveys such as annual test lead surveys, close interval surveys (CIS), diagnostic testing (current requirement test), commissioning surveys with strict adherence to client specifications and industry standards
- Operate and maintain light duty vehicles and a variety of equipment (i.e. multimeters, clamp meters, data loggers, pipe locators etc.) to meet operational needs and in compliance with company and regulatory requirements
- Operate ATV/UTV/snow mobile as required
- Assist senior technicians in other job-related duties
- Actively implement Ledcor’s health, safety and environmental program to daily work
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing
- Must have a valid full Class 5 driver's license
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to walk 5-10 kms per day in rough terrain on a daily basis
- Must be able to work under minimal supervision, while adhering to the team environment
- 1-2 years' experience in a Cathodic Protection industry will be considered as an asset
- NACE CP Certification will be considered as an asset
- Benefits provided by CLAC
- Must be willing to travel extensively and work in various outdoor weather conditions
- On the job training will be provided
- Typically, 10 -12 hours per day. Shift schedule will be based on client requirement and can be one of the following:
- Two-week shift schedule consisting of: Week 1: Monday to Friday 9hrs straight time, Saturday and Sunday off. Week 2: Monday to Thursday 9hrs straight time; Friday, Saturday and Sunday off
- Regular two-week shift schedule consisting of: Week 1 and 2: Monday to Friday 8hrs straight time; Saturday and Sunday off
- Overtime maybe required as well as weekend work
Ledcor Pipeline offers a unique set of pipeline services unmatched anywhere in the oil and gas industry. From pipeline construction to investigative digs and subcontractor management, we are accustomed to operating in challenging terrain, and we maintain some of the largest pipeline networks in the world.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic.
Jun 17, 2020
7008 Roper Road NW, Edmonton, AB, Canada