You’re an experienced Superintendent, familiar with Outside Plant and/or Telecommunications construction. You will be responsible for day to day operations, ensuring projects are completed on time and are functioning smoothly. You will also be implementing project plans and schedules, while ensuring HS&E as well as quality standards are adhered to. Throughout the life cycle of a project, you will be responsible for working with Project Managers, Project Coordinators, Administrators, strategic build partners, as well as our own trades people (self-perform).
Join Ledcor Technical Services in Alberta today!
- Demonstrates leadership in health, safety and environmental protection. Applies the requirements of the Project Specific Safety Program (PSSP) to promote overall compliance of Ledcor HS&E standards, applicable OH&S Acts, regulations and codes with all employees and subcontractors on the project through achieving the ‘Gold Flag’/’Leading Indicators’ monthly agreed upon milestones
- Ensures project materials are supplied and work is completed in compliance with the Project Quality Program
- Adhering toward all corporate policies regarding project deliverables (Change Requests, Work Orders, Service Level Agreements, Master Services Agreements, etc.) outlined and supported within the LTS CMS tool
- Ensures that projects are built according to approved plans, permits, specifications, shop drawings, and applicable building codes and that quality standards are maintained
- Develops, maintains and drives the construction schedule in conjunction with project team; ensures project milestones and completion dates are met
- Issues materials, confirms receipt of materials and return of equipment
- Supervises field employees; ensures their work is planned and performed efficiently and their timesheets are accurately coded
- Mentors project team members in order to contribute to their development and career growth
- Leads field project meetings / tailgates with internal and external stakeholders to monitor and support the project’s ongoing progression
- Maintains a thorough daily report that accurately tracks site progress, events, inspections and other relevant information and reports up to the Project Manager
- Verifies with field subcontractors / self-perform crews change order(s) requests and or requirements and collects info for reporting to Project Manager
- Completes necessary project pre-fielding to ensure constructability
- Supports estimator(s) and Project Manager on estimating
- Performs other related duties as required
- 3-8 years of construction experience as a Superintendent or similar direct supervisory.
- Experience with Outside Plant construction or other telecommunications construction projects is preferred.
- Working knowledge of health, safety and environmental protection practices and procedures as they apply to common construction processes
- Solid understanding of current construction practices; working knowledge of construction documents, drawings (permits/aerial/underground/splice counts), specifications, BOM’s and project management
- Ability to guide safe work practices in a high-pressure environment while maintaining project safety, quality, schedule and budget
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple stakeholders, understand and interpret stakeholder needs and identify solutions
- Capable of anticipating constructability issues in moderately complex situations and creating solutions in the construction plan and schedule
- Skilled at promoting teamwork with project team and stakeholders
- Ability to use Word, Excel, and Outlook; familiar with scheduling software
- Full understanding of LTS Strategy and how it pertains to our business as a whole
- Successful completion of a criminal background check and pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic.
Sep 21, 2020
580 First Street South East, Medicine Hat, AB, Canada