You're a Facilities Technician, working under the general guidance of senior employees, who performs low level planned maintenance and corrective operational work, routine administrative, janitorial, and additional duties as assigned, as well will assist mechanics and pipeline technicians in projects and routine tasks.
Join the Ledcor team today!
- Record daily unit readings
- Monitor site fluid levels
- Blow solids and liquids from scrubbers
- Clean and wipe oil areas
- Chemical inventory
- Snow removal/plowing using a pickup truck
- Oil and water sampling
- Fire and safety inspections
- Vehicle safety inspections
- Inspect tools
- Perform basic maintenance such as installing building signage and repairing fences
- Perform basic additional duties such as routine administration, clerical duties, janitorial etc.
- Provide assistance to technicians
- Must have the qualifications, experience and ability to competently and efficiently perform the duties assigned
- Minimum education of a high school diploma or GED Technical diploma, apprenticeship (Electrical /Electronic diploma, or Automotive or Industrial Mechanic/Millwright etc.) would be considered an asset
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Proven electrical and mechanical aptitude
- Trained/experienced in SAP. Scheduling would be an asset
- Previous experience in the oil and natural gas industry would be an asset
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills
- Highly motivated with interpersonal skills to effectively work in a collaborative team environment that includes shared responsibilities, establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with others, support team and company objectives, and a willingness to work in all areas required by the team
- Must have the ability to complete tasks and assignments in a safe and environmentally responsible manner, ensuring proper handling and disposition of hazardous waste
- Utilize computers and email for internal and external communication, record keeping, on-line reporting, material and supply ordering and filing of various forms
- Able to travel to other company locations for temporary assignments, meetings and training involving overnight stays away from home
- New hires subject to pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
- Modified two-week shift schedule consisting of: Week 1: Monday to Thursday 9 hrs straight time and Friday 8 hrs, Week 2: Monday to Thursday 9 hrs straight time and Friday off
- Regional role serving Niagara and Hamilton areas
Ledcor Pipeline offers a unique set of pipeline services unmatched anywhere in the oil and gas industry. From pipeline construction to investigative digs and subcontractor management, we are accustomed to operating in challenging terrain, and we maintain some of the largest pipeline networks in the world.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic.
May 4, 2020
4310 Queen Street, Niagara Falls, ON, Canada