As a Drafter, on this segment of the Transmountain Expansion project you will play a key role in the execution of this landmark infrastructure project. You will have a strong civil design background and preferably previous exposure to the pipeline industry.
Come join our True Blue team in Valmont
- Utilizes field survey data, pertinent surface and subsurface features including aerial & underground infrastructure features, telecommunications network facilities, and other geographic or geophysical information required to complete desktop CAD design.
- Works closely with the field engineering teams to refine and advance the project grade model and center line and produce documents for RFI’s, crossings, and or other project disciplines as required.
- Incorporate relevant project information including: dimensions & distances, exact measurements of existing equipment, site details, digital images, staking, easements, encroachments, and or permit restrictions etc. required to complete a design, sketch, or drawing
- May support red lining and development of as-built packages if necessary.
- Able to trouble shoot and problem solve design conflicts or desktop concerns as they arise with support from team members.
- Able to produce organized packages for each project that may include: maps, field notes, drawings, images, etc.
- 2-4 years of experience in pipeline or heavy civil construction projects
- Previous Heavy Civil Design/drafting experience is a requirement
- Previous pipeline civil (surface and trench) design experience is an asset
- Technical school diploma
- General knowledge of software used for drafting, survey, utility locating, GPS data collection
- Well-developed organizational, planning skills, and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Strong interpersonal, communication and both verbal and written skills combined with a high attention to detail
- Excellent customer service focus and a team player
- Strong knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, Power Point and Visio
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Acrobat or Bluebeam
- Strong functional knowledge of AutoCAD
- Site based position - 6 days on 1 day off or other various shifts
- Camp based position
- Remote locations
Ledcor Pipeline offers a unique set of pipeline services unmatched anywhere in the oil and gas industry. From pipeline construction to investigative digs and subcontractor management, we are accustomed to operating in challenging terrain, and we maintain some of the largest pipeline networks in the world.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Jun 29, 2020
7008 Roper Road NW, Edmonton, AB, Canada