As an HSE Manager, you will play a key role in the execution and implementation of a diverse range of health and safety programs for Civil and Road Building projects. You are an experienced HSE Manager who consistently conveys mature professional judgment and can lead a diverse team and build effective relationships across all levels.
Join the Ledcor team in Delta, BC today!
- Provide independent advice to Operations Management in Ledcor HSE program.
- Lead a team of HSE Coordinators and Administrators
- Participate in the conduct of detailed, fact based incident management.
- Acquire clear competence and understanding in executing Ledcor HSE program in all types of situations (project start up, duration and close out).
- Understand all site, business unit or division safety programs, company codes of business conduct, site specific procedures and management systems.
- Seek to understand and meet the demands of various stakeholders, including internal and external clients.
- Support and takes action for operations personnel to meet Ledcor “Leading Indicator” requirements.
- Practice attentive and active listening and is skilled at questioning to ensure understanding.
- Obtain basic understanding of complementary HSE functions such as Industrial Hygiene and Occupational Health practices.
- 5 plus (5+) years relevant industry Health and Safety experience in civil construction in a leadership role
- Must hold CSO or NCSO qualifications.
- CRSP designation highly desirable
- Ability to effectively communicate and present information to the hourly workforce, while also effectively interacting with project management staff, clients, and customers.
- Excellent verbal, written communications, and computer skills.
- Ability to provide a proactive approach to safety, to include identification of operational and organizational issues, as well as develop and implement strategies to solve them.
- Demonstrated experience in risk assessment, program development, safety & health training, and accident investigation.
- A strong team player attitude with the ability to effectively adjust to changing priorities and demands.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license with clean abstract.
- Candidates local to the Greater Vancouver area will be given preference due to the location of the project
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol testing.
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
May 28, 2020
1200, 1067 West Cordova Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada