As Director, Finance Service Centre, you will lead the operations of the Finance Service Centre (FSC), providing transactional and administrative financial shared services to the Ledcor Group including, but not limited to, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Payroll services. You will be responsible for delivering service excellence to the Ledcor Group (divisions and corporate), while leading and motivating a team that is focused on continuous process improvement and operational efficiency.
Ledcor is reorganizing its finance function to better leverage the team’s size and skills to become more efficient. This is a multi-year initiative that will bring many benefits including improved internal controls and better opportunities for developing our financial talent. It is part of Ledcor's drive to increase scalability, consistency, and efficiency of financial processes across the Group. If you are looking for a career where you can make a real difference, come join our True Blue team today!
This position is based out of Greater Vancouver, BC.
- Lead and develop operations of the FSC and deploy the services across each in-scope service line and to each division, in a timely and effective manner
- Develop, coach and manage the FSC team’s performance
- Manage the internal and external recruitment, selection, training for the FSC team and build a winning and inclusive culture by promoting diversity
- Ensure that processes meet each division’s and function’s requirements in a standardized and automated fashion, where possible
- Review systems, processes and controls to ensure optimum efficiency and security are maintained
- Foster an environment focused on continuous process improvement that help identify opportunities for cost savings through insight and analysis and recommend action plans to ensure targets are achieved or exceeded
- Responsible for building positive, constructive relationships with each internal customer group including designing, communicating, obtaining agreement, and managing updates to the Service Partnership Agreements (SPA)
- Ensures compliance with Ledcor’s financial management policies and internal control guidelines
- Assist in the timely rollout of all technology solutions
- Awareness of external market trends (including technologies) and recommend potential updates/amendments/improvements to the company’s financial management policies and internal control environment
- 10+ years of operational finance experience as an Accountant
- At least 5 years experience leading a Finance Shared Services Centre or significant function within a Shared Services Centre
- CPA, Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Finance, or other relevant discipline
- Proficient in utilizing business tools such as: Excel, PowerPoint, JD Edwards, Hyperion or other large ERP systems and other analytical and modeling tools
- Strong leadership skills to motivate, coach, and mentor team members
- Comfortable managing operational decisions as well as driving strategic direction of the FSC team
- Demonstrated experience of providing strong, customer focus and results driven leadership to large, cross functional teams in a complex matrix environment
- Analytical thinking skills combined with the ability to find creative solutions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including relationship building, influencing and facilitation
- Experience working in a dynamic environment and demonstrated reliance during times of change
- Solid technical knowledge of internal controls and segregation of duties
- Demonstrated experience of setting up and/or running a top quartile financial shared services operation
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Jun 23, 2020
500, 1055 West Hastings Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada