Are you looking to expand your career and lead a Billings group within a diversified construction company? At Ledcor, as the Billing Supervisor you will be responsible for overseeing the flow of day to day functions of the Billing Team; ensuring the accurate and timely entry and reporting of data in the company financial systems and the client’s systems. This includes billing information validation, client billing submissions, billing reconciliations, reporting, and cash application. Interaction and communication with management and project teams are important to ensure accuracy, timeliness, and completeness of data. The role also includes staff supervision, mentoring & guidance, training and assisting with hiring and performance reviews. You will report to the Director, Finance Service Centre.
This position is based out of Greater Vancouver, BC area.
If you are looking for a career where you can make a real difference, come join our True Blue team today!
- Lead a team that interacts with daily operations of various business groups across Ledcor.
- Provide leadership and guidance to Billing Administrators by assigning and outlining specific activities, advising on technical problems, and reviewing individual work
- Demonstrate a clear understanding and knowledge in the tasks required and be able to support in the completion of Billing duties when needed
- Implement the appropriate processes to ensure all reporting is accurate & timely to contract and divisional requirements
- Ensure standardization and compliance of accounting policies and procedures and work to continually improve processes and procedures
- Manage and provide standard AR reporting
- Provide feedback and suggestions regarding system enhancement and functionality, ensuring input is considered from the whole Billing team
- Cultivate relationships with project teams to provide billing and accounts receivable support and respond to queries of the project/business unit managers
- Provide customized billing and AR information to Project Management & Operations as required
- Develop/maintain training and reference documentation and onboarding process for Billing Administrators and Billing clerks
- Audit support, investigate inquiries and anomalies, as required
- Special projects and other duties as assigned
- 5+ years of relevant experience within a Billing Support role
- 1-2 years of supervisory experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Finance, or other relevant discipline
- Construction Industry experience would be a strong asset
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook), access database skills would be an asset
- JD Edwards experience would be an asset
- Experience with electronic billing would be an asset
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment, able to multi-task, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Commitment to continuous improvement and excellent customer service
- Travel to job site, as required
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic.
May 15, 2020
1067 West Cordova Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada