You are a Service Representative who takes pride in the smooth function of day to day operations to ensure that service and warranty jobs are completed in a timely manner. Your background of a variety of construction knowledge and techniques combined with good public interface and organizational skills ensure that trades and labourers perform assigned tasks as directed by the Service & Warranty Manager. If you have experience working independently to implement schedules, quality control and supervision of labourers, contractors and trades, then take advantage of this opportunity!
Join the Ledcor Building Construction Group in Vancouver and across the lower mainland!
- Supervise and coordinate sub-trades and onsite when work is scheduled. Provide access where applicable.
- Perform minor repairs such as touch-up painting, minor carpentry.
- Maintain a thorough report that accurately tracks task progress and other relevant information.
- Perform inspections once sub-trades and laborer have confirmed completion of warranty jobs. Provide updates to Service and Warranty Manager.
- Perform site visits to review and prepare a scope of work for service requests and provide the scope to the Service and Warranty Manager.
- Follow and enforce safe working practices and act as OFA for subtrades and labourers
- Supervise sub-trades and laborer on service jobs.
- When needed perform building reviews and supervise investigations such as water testing to determine source of leaks etc.
- Arrange or consult with Service and Warranty Manager to rent equipment such as boom-lifts to be used when addressing deficiencies.
- Confirm receipt of materials and return of equipment.
- Attend the site to meet with the client to review deficiencies that are unclear and prepare a synopsis of findings.
- Perform walkthroughs with clients to review deficiencies and warranty items.
- More than 3 years construction experience.
- Combination of work experience in a similar role and or technical training in an industry-related trade certification / education program.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal team skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written & oral
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Familiarity with scheduling software is an asset.
- Typical 5 days a week, 6 days when required
- Overtime may be required to meet construction deadlines
- Must be open to night shifts when required
- Work will primarily be outdoors in various weather conditions
- Must be comfortable working at heights
- Benefits provided by CLAC – extended health plan (prescription drugs, dental, and other coverages)
- Group BC medical coverage and matching retirement savings plan
Ledcor Building offers full-service construction for commercial, residential, institutional, and light industrial projects, along with expertise in green building. Our depth of knowledge and expertise come from building hundreds of projects – of all sizes – across North America each year.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
May 26, 2020
1067 West Cordova Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada