You are an experienced IT Support Technician with a background in Tier 2 technical support. In this role, you will serve as the first point of contact and primary source for resolutions onsite for the all of the Transmountain Expansion Project Spreads 3&4a. This site-based position will require you to work independently, leveraging your extensive knowledge to ensure effective site operations.
You will be responsible for receiving, prioritizing, documenting and actively resolving end user IS requests, and escalating incidents when considered appropriate and necessary to maintain service level agreement expectations. You will also be responsible for deploying computers, printers, and other equipment, ensuring end user satisfaction of the deployment and completing the return of older equipment.
Come join our True Blue team in Valemount.
- Support and troubleshoot the project’s IT infrastructure which includes: workstations, laptops, hardware, software, servers, printers, networking, remote access, connectivity, Skype phones and voice systems
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problems with individual or multiple computer systems to maintain proper functioning; escalate issues as required to the appropriate team
- Utilize Microsoft SCCM to provide consistent and efficient software deployment and computer imaging
- Assist with ongoing moves, additions and changes to computers
- Support MS Office 365 ProPlus suite of products, and a variety of specialized applications
- Participate in team-based project initiatives as required
- Perform site setup in remote areas, which includes setup network equipment in trailers and running network cables from trailer to trailer as required
- 4+ years of Desktop Support experience in a large enterprise environment
- Completion of post-secondary education in the field of computer science
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft-based operating systems and software (Windows 8.1 and Office 365 ProPlus, Skype for Business 2013 and SharePoint 2013); familiarity with ServiceNow would be an asset
- Previous experience with Active Directory, including creating user accounts, resetting passwords, adding and removing computers from the Domain
- Experience with network and desktop printing solutions
- Previous customer service experience, with strong interpersonal and communication skills, and a demonstrated focus on customer service excellence
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, with the ability to diagnose and solve technical issues
- Process and procedure oriented, and extremely organized
- Flexible, with a demonstrated ability to embrace change and handle changing priorities
- Self-motivated, with a strong ability to work both independently and with teams and managers
- Must have and maintain a valid class 5 provincial driver’s license
- Site based position - 6 days on 1 day off or other various shifts
- Camp based position
- Remote locations
Ledcor Pipeline offers a unique set of pipeline services unmatched anywhere in the oil and gas industry. From pipeline construction to investigative digs and subcontractor management, we are accustomed to operating in challenging terrain, and we maintain some of the largest pipeline networks in the world.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Jul 6, 2020
7008 Roper Road NW, Edmonton, AB, Canada