You are an experienced Superintendent, working independently or with minimal direction/guidance, who will be responsible for the smooth functioning of day to day operations, implementing the field aspects of the agreed upon project plan and schedule, including quality control; safety, and the delegation of work to field staff, contractors and trades people ensuring that projects are completed on time and within budget. You are a problem solver and continuously look for innovative solutions that can be utilized on projects.
Come join our True Blue team in Burnaby!
- Demonstrates leadership in the health, safety and environmental protection on the project
- Develops, maintains and drives the construction schedule in conjunction with the project and operations team to ensure budgets and timelines are met.
- Ensures that projects are built in according to approved plans, specifications and design drawings while ensuring that high quality standards are maintained
- Experience interfacing with local communities representative throughout remote northern communities
- Strategically plans and implements manpower levels and material quantities and ensures proper equipment and trades are available as required
- Supervises employees and sub-contractors to achieve all required project deliverable's
- Leads project meetings with internal and external stakeholders to monitor and support the projects ongoing progression
- Oversees project reporting that accurately tracks site progress, events, inspections and other relevant information
- 7 years+ of Industrial construction experience as a Superintendent or similar direct supervisory role
- Experience working on large scale industrial and infrastructure projects
- Working knowledge of health, safety and environmental protection practices and procedures as they apply to common construction processes
- Solid understanding of current construction practices
- Proven ability to guide safe work practices in a high pressure environment while maintaining project quality, schedule and budget
- Capable of anticipating constructability issues in complex situations and creating solutions in the construction plan and schedule; can influence and persuade others to adopt a point of view
- Facilitation and mentoring skills - ability to move the team forward and resolve conflict situations
- A track record of building successful teams and promoting teamwork through motivating, coaching, and consensus building
- Site based 10 hours per day
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Jul 6, 2020
8051 Enterprise Street, Burnaby, BC, Canada