You are an experienced Highway Maintenance Leader with 8+ years of highway maintenance or road building experience. Leading Ledcor’s Highway maintenance operations, you will be responsible for timely and consistent maintenance of highways and secondary roads within Alberta. Ensuring all maintenance operations are performed in a safe and efficient manner is also a key responsibility.
Join Ledcor’s Highway team today!
- Develops, maintains and drives the maintenance operations schedule in conjunction with operations team to ensure budgets and timelines are met in accordance with service contracts
- Manages and coordinates all resource requirements for maintenance work including personnel, equipment and materials
- Demonstrates leadership in the application of the Project Specific Safety Program (PSSP) to promote overall compliance of Ledcor HS&E standards, applicable OH&S Acts, regulations and codes with all employees and subcontractors
- Ensures highway maintenance operations are well organized and coordinated and comply with client specifications and regulatory requirements
- Maintains strong working relationships with client representatives, subcontractors, suppliers and labour force
- Strategically plans and implements manpower levels and material quantities and ensures proper equipment and trades are available as required
- Assumes leadership role and provides guidance to field supervisors and Superintendents in order to contribute to their development and career growth; including conducting performance reviews and identifying training needs
- Works with the field operations supervision to identify and select qualified field personnel
- 8+ years of experience in Highway Maintenance, with several years in a leadership capacity is required. Equivalent or supplemental experience in road building may be considered.
- Post-secondary education in Construction Management or Engineering or equivalent work experience is considered an asset.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Strong computer skills using the MS Office suite are required
- Thorough and deep knowledge of highway maintenance operational practices, contracts, processes and techniques
- A strong safety record and the ability to work with a variety of individuals to reach solutions in conflict situations
- Ability to manage changing priorities and possesses a track record of successfully managing maintenance contracts and client relationships effectively
- Proven ability to build successful teams; effectively motivate and facilitate people and maintain effective relationships with clients, subcontractors and suppliers
- Skilled problem solving capabilities with the ability to anticipate stakeholder needs, investigate the underlying causes and identify short and long term maintenance solutions
- Understands and presents complex ideas; anticipates potential objections and prepares case accordingly; influences and persuades others to adopt a point of view
- Will require candidate to travel frequently to various shop is the contract area
- Candidate must be able to successfully complete pre-employment Drug and Alcohol testing
Ledcor builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We’re experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance – from national highways to bridges, from airports to underground utilities and independent power projects. We also work on roads, earthworks, foundations, dams, power systems, and waterways.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
May 28, 2020
7008 Roper Road NW, Edmonton, AB, Canada