You are an experienced Foreperson with heavy civil mining expertise. You will lead a large crew to perform tailings and dam raising work for mine site preparations. You will be responsible for on-site personnel for the project and day to day execution of work, enforcing safety regulations, following drawings and blueprints on the scope of work.
Apply today to join the Ledcor Heavy Civil Mining team by Dubreuiville, Ontario! This is a camp-based position with chartered flights from Thunder Bay, ON.
- Demonstrate leadership in overall compliance of Ledcor’s health, safety, and environmental standards as well as occupational health and safety regulations daily
- Demonstrate ability to lead team effectively in the day to day execution of the work, manage resources, equipment, and labour
- Plan and prioritize work to meet contractual deadlines
- Understand specifications, drawings, and surveying staking and able to translate and communicate this information into the physical operations in the field to ensure that the scope responsible for is being constructed to the approved plans and specifications
- Understands Ledcor’s contractual obligations for the specific area of responsibility
- Leads and mentors the team, responsibly, with motivation
- Reports to the General Foreperson any problems or unforeseen issues that could affect the project plan
- Understands and administers the terms of the Collective Agreement
- Understands and contributes to the adherence to the Project Schedule within a specific area of responsibility
- General understanding of the Cost Structure for the specific area of the Project
- Responsible for meeting/exceeding budget expectations for specific areas of the project
- Supports the management team in ensuring quality for the client by providing the highest quality service.
- Works closely with the procurement team to take receipt and record appropriately the material and tools required
- Complete daily paperwork and conduct daily toolbox talks
- Minimum of 5 years’ related project experience
- Must have previous supervisory experience on heavy civil/earthworks or mining projects
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license and a clean driver's abstract
- Must possess a valid form of government issued photo identification
- Successful completion of criminal background check and pre-employment drug & alcohol testing
- Applicants who reside in Ontario will be given preference due to the location of this project
- 14/7 shift schedule, working 11.5 hours per day, overtime when needed
- Must be open to night shifts
- Work will be primarily outdoors in various weather conditions
- Benefits provided by CLAC – extended health plan (prescription drugs, dental, and other coverage)
Ledcor builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We’re experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance. Our vast projects include: full-scale contract mining, earthworks, foundations, national highways, bridges, roads, waterways, dams, airports, underground utilities, independent power projects and site reclamation.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Jul 6, 2020
23, rue des Pins, Dubreuilville, ON, Canada