As a Superintendent working on the high-profile Transmountain Expansion Project based in the lower mainland, you will play a key role in the successful execution of the project. Originally coming from a trade or operator background you will have extensive experience working as a superintendent on earthworks and utilities scopes. This role will give you the chance to work on a career defining project with a number of years to run.
Come join our True Blue team in Burnaby!
- Demonstrates leadership in the health, safety and environmental protection on the project.
- Applies the requirements of the Project Specific Safety Program to promote overall compliance of Ledcor HS&E standards, applicable OH&S Acts, regulations and codes with all employees and subcontractors.
- Develops, maintains and drives the construction schedule in conjunction with the project and operations team to ensure budgets and timelines are met.
- Ensures that projects are built in according to approved plans, specifications and design drawings while ensuring that high quality standards are maintained.
- Experience interfacing with local communities representative throughout remote northern communities.
- Strategically plans and implements manpower levels and material quantities and ensures proper equipment and trades are available as required.
- Assumes leadership role and provides guidance to project team members.
- Supervises employees and sub-contractors to achieve all required project deliverables.
- Leads project meetings with internal and external stakeholders to monitor and support the projects ongoing progression.
- Oversees project reporting that accurately tracks site progress, events, inspections and other relevant information.
- Qualified trade or operator background will be highly regarded.
- 7 years+ of civil construction experience as a Civil Superintendent or similar direct supervisory role.
- Demonstrated experience in bulk earthworks and utilities relocation scopes is required.
- Working knowledge of health, safety and environmental protection practices and procedures as they apply to common construction processes.
- Solid understanding of current construction practices.
- Proven ability to guide safe work practices in a high pressure environment while maintaining project quality, schedule and budget.
- Capable of anticipating constructability issues in complex situations and creating solutions in the construction plan and schedule; can influence and persuade others to adopt a point of view.
- Facilitation and mentoring skills - ability to move the team forward and resolve conflict situations.
- A track record of building successful teams and promoting teamwork through motivating, coaching, and consensus building.
- Strong organization and planning skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs such as Excel and Outlook.
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Jul 9, 2020
8051 Enterprise Street, Burnaby, BC, Canada