You are an experienced construction manager who leads a FTTX construction team. You utilize past experience in the field to manage the day to day performance of your team, and continually mentor them. You will be responsible for the day to day operations ensuring the team is working safely and efficiently, as well as ensuring projects are completed on time.
Join the Technical Services team in Calgary, AB today!
- Demonstrates leadership in health, safety and environmental protection on the project. Applies the requirements of the Project Specific Safety Program (PSSP) to promote overall compliance of Ledcor HS&E standards, applicable OH&S Acts, regulations and codes with all employees and subcontractors on the project
- Ensures project materials are supplied and work is completed in compliance with the Project Quality Program
- Ensures that projects are built according to approved plans, specifications, shop drawings, and applicable building codes and that quality standards are maintained
- Develops, maintains and drives the construction schedule in conjunction with project team; ensures project milestones and completion dates are met
- Supervises field employees; ensures their work is planned and performed efficiently and their timesheets are accurately coded
- Leads project meetings with internal and external stakeholders to monitor and support the project’s ongoing progression
- Maintains a thorough daily report that accurately tracks site progress, events, inspections and other relevant information
- Provide superior customer service. Responds to any and all escalations regarding quality of workmanship
- Conduct regular field inspections and follow up with staff in regard to quality of work orders completed
- Ensure Health & Safety compliance as per the Labour Code. Conduct Safety Inspections and meetings on a monthly basis
- Lead the coaching and training of employees
- Manage workforce planning and scheduling
- 3+ years of construction experience as a Construction Manager or similar direct supervisory role. Experience with Telecommunications construction and maintenance is preferred
- Familiarity with telecommunication networks (ISP, OSP, FTTX, TEL, CATV, CCTV, ADSL)
- Proven ability to plan and organize workloads and work with multiple deadlines
- Working knowledge of health, safety and environmental protection practices and procedures as they apply to common construction processes
- Solid understanding of current construction practices; working knowledge of construction documents, drawings, specifications and project management
- Ability to guide safe work practices in a high-pressure environment while maintaining project quality, schedule and budget
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple stakeholders, understand and interpret stakeholder needs and identify solutions
- Capable of anticipating constructability issues in moderately complex situations and creating solutions in the construction plan and schedule
- Skilled at promoting teamwork with project team and stakeholders
- Ability to use Word, Excel, and Outlook; familiar with scheduling software
- Must have and maintain a valid provincial driver’s license
- Successful completion of a criminal background check and pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic.
Jun 18, 2020
1930 Maynard Road SE, Calgary, AB, Canada