This is an opportunity for an accomplished Project Manager with a history of successfully delivering large multi-disciplinary heavy civil projects to join our industry leading team and grow a long term career. You will be initially based in Edmonton, assisting with bids and will be expected to mobilize to site and work on a FIFO rotation.
Come join our True Blue team in Edmonton!
- Provides clear direction to team members and distributes workload to capitalize on individual and group strengths while ensuring balanced exposure to work experience and development opportunities.
- Demonstrates leadership in health, safety and environmental protection on the project. Applies the requirements of the Project Specific Safety Program (PSSP) to promote overall compliance of Ledcor HS&E standards, applicable OH&S Acts, regulations and codes with all employees and subcontractors on the project.
- Ensures that projects are built according to approved plans, specifications, shop drawings, and applicable building codes and ensures that quality standards are maintained.
- Develops and maintains the construction schedule in conjunction with project team to meet milestones and completion dates.
- Ensures site safety and environmental standards are met or exceeded.
- Ensures that the quality of materials and workmanship meet or exceed standards identified in approval documents.
- Achieves project schedule commitments within the financial targets.
- Maintains and tracks billings, reports and projections and implements trade awards and construction work within financial targets and constraints.
- Sets expected levels of documentation, standards for accounting issues, methodology of budget control, types of bids (fixed price, cost plus, unit price), etc.
- May perform other related duties as assigned.
- Completion of post secondary education in civil engineering or a related field is required
- 5 years+ Project Management Experience working on heavy civil projects in the resource market is essential.
- Demonstrated experience managing bulk earthworks and deep utilities scopes will be highly regarded.
- Professional Engineering designation with APEGA is an asset.
- Experience working for a self performing general contractor in Canada is required
- Demonstrated exposure to Project Controls and progress tracking and reporting is essential
- Strong computer background including experience with MS Word and Excel, in addition Heavy Bid and Primavera would be preferred.
- Effective communication skills, confident interacting with key contacts in verbal, written and electronic form.
Ledcor builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We’re experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance. Our vast projects include: full-scale contract mining, earthworks, foundations, national highways, bridges, roads, waterways, dams, airports, underground utilities, independent power projects and site reclamation.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Aug 21, 2020
1067 West Cordova Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada