You are an experienced Estimator with expertise in the Civil, Concrete or Infrastructure fields. In this role, you will perform quantity take offs, cost analysis and competitive bid management while utilizing current estimating software such as Primavera and HeavyBid. You will prepare lump sum, unit based and cost plus estimates for a broad range of projects. You are a problem solver and continuously look for innovative solutions that can be utilized on projects.
Join our Ledcor team in Edmonton, AB!
- Interfaces and communicates effectively (written and oral) with the estimating team, with all levels of management, clients and industry contacts.
- Shares expertise with the estimating team in an ongoing effort to develop, recommend revisions and implement procedures, standards, rules and regulations.
- Implements and maintains Ledcor systems and procedures in relation to estimating.
- Analyzes plans, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare bid estimates for projects, and supports the presentation of estimate proposals.
- Prepares conceptual estimates by interpreting historical data.
- Researches and analyzes cost data for review and presentation to management.
- Contacts trades and suppliers regarding invitations, pricing, addenda and tender/bid closings.
- Produces quantity take-offs for the specified disciplines while ensuring the take-off is well notated for hand-over to the project team and includes safety and security requirements required by Ledcor policies and applicable legislation.
- Completion of post-secondary education with a diploma or degree related to Construction Management, Estimating, Engineering or a Red Seal Journeyman certificate.
- 4-8 years of related estimating experience.
- Knowledge of modern construction practices, techniques and equipment.
- An understanding of construction documents and the ability to assess the level of completeness.
- Knowledge of construction costs and budgets, ability to develop a project schedule.
- Strong computer background including experience with MS Office, Bluebeam, HeavyBid, Primavera, and related estimating software.
- Ability to work in a team environment and willing to promote teamwork by motivating, coaching and guiding others.
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Aug 11, 2020
7008 Roper Road NW, Edmonton, AB, Canada