You are an experienced Line Technician seeking an opportunity to join a reputable company known for its' ability to provide stability, professional growth opportunities, and an award-winning corporate culture that never ceases to put safety as its’ top priority. As a Line Technician, you are responsible for the daily planning and execution of aerial construction; working from man-lifts and bucket trucks, you ensure that fiber cable is properly installed and secured, to engineering specifications and industry standards. Your developed ability to provide guidance to the other members on your immediate team, will help you achieve construction goals while simultaneously meeting the essential Health, Safety and Environmental requirements.
This is a future opportunity in Belleville, ON. If you think you’d be a great fit, we want to hear from you! Click ”Apply” and complete your application to show your interest.
Your application with be reviewed by our Recruiter. If you’re chosen for further consideration, our team will contact you.
- Safely operate bucket trucks and/or other types of man-lifts
- Install strand and applicable hardware
- Properly set span up for cable placement with the use of cable rollers
- Place fiber optic & coax cables
- Utilize standard telecommunications tools
- Set up and utilize single or double lashing tool
- Set up and operate cable pulling equipment
- Track and communicate daily production and materials
- Oversee and coordinate logistics and crew assignments
- Train and lead new workers on day to day work practices and procedures
- 3+ years' of experience directly related experience, working as an Aerial Lineman
- Ability to climb utility poles using climbing spikes and rigging, and experience operating and performing work in a bucket truck and/or other types of man-lifts
- Combination of work experience and/or technical training in an industry-related trade certification or education program
- Working knowledge of health, safety and environmental protection practices and procedures as they apply to related construction processes
- Proficient in new build and pole transfers; knowledge in building strand, lashing, pole transfers & grounding
- Experience with telecommunications strand
- Solid understanding of current construction practices and proficient knowledge of construction documents
- Proven ability to guide safe work practices in a high-pressure environment while maintaining project quality, schedule, and budget
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple project stakeholders, interpret stakeholders’ needs, and identify solutions
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to perform physically demanding tasks as needed; must be capable to lift 50 lbs on a regular basis
- Experience working with little supervision, while adding to a safe and positive team environment is a must; follows safety policies and procedures and wears the required personal protective equipment required for the job
- Comfortable working outdoors in all weather conditions (hot, cold, rain, snow, and sleet) and able to perform work on uneven surfaces; experienced with climbing ladders, on/off equipment and work from various heights
- Must have and maintain a valid provincial driver's license, appropriate to the requirements of the vehicle being driven, and a clear drivers abstract
- Successful completion of pre-employment background check
- May travel to various communities across Ontario if needed
- Able to meet the physical requirements of the position which involves sitting, standing, bending, climbing, lifting (up to 75 pounds), working at heights, in confined spaces and in all types of weather conditions (rain, snow, heat etc.)
- preference given to local applicants
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Oct 5, 2020
169 Front Street, Belleville, ON, Canada