As a Drafter, on this segment of the JFJV Early Earth Works project you will play a key role in the execution of this landmark infrastructure project. You will have a strong civil design background and preferably previous exposure to an Industrial and Earth works industry.
Come join our True Blue team in Kitimat
- Utilizes field survey data, pertinent surface and subsurface features including aerial & ground surface models, extracting data and producing weekly volumes, Industrial, Foundations and other scopes to complete desktop CAD design and or asbuilt drawings.
- Works closely with the field engineering teams to refine and advance the project surface models and produce documents for RFI’s, FCC’s, and or other project disciplines as required.
- Incorporate relevant project information including dimensions & distances, exact measurements of existing equipment, site details, digital images, staking, easements, encroachments, and or permit restrictions etc. required to complete a design, sketch, or drawing
- May support red lining and development of as-built packages if necessary.
- Able to trouble shoot and problem solve design conflicts or desktop concerns as they arise with support from team members.
- Able to produce organized packages for each project that may include maps, field notes, drawings, images, etc.
- 4-6 years of experience in heavy civil construction projects
- Previous Heavy Civil Design/drafting experience is a requirement
- Previous pipeline civil (surface and trench) design experience is an asset
- Technical school diploma
- General knowledge of software used for drafting, survey, GPS & Machine data collection
- Well-developed organizational, planning skills, and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Strong interpersonal, communication and both verbal and written skills combined with a high attention to detail
- Excellent customer service focus and a team player
- Strong knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, Power Point and Visio
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Acrobat or Bluebeam
- Strong functional knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Aug 21, 2020
167 Ocelot Road, Kitimat, BC, Canada