You are an experienced Communications Aerial Plant Foreman seeking an opportunity to join a well-established, reputable company known for its' ability to provide stability, professional growth opportunities, and an award-winning corporate culture that never ceases to put safety as its’ top priority. As a Communications Aerial Plant Forman, you are responsible for the daily planning and execution of aerial construction; working from man-lifts and bucket trucks, you are intimately familiar with plant specific hardware installation, installing new strand and you ensure that fiber cable is properly installed and secured, to engineering specifications and industry standards. Your developed ability to provide guidance to the other members on your immediate team, will help you achieve construction goals while simultaneously meeting the essential Health, Safety and Environmental requirements.
This is a future opportunity in Belleville, ON. If you think you’d be a great fit, we want to hear from you! Click ”Apply” and complete your application to show your interest.
Your application with be reviewed by our Recruiter. If you’re chosen for further consideration, our team will contact you.
- Demonstrates leadership in health, safety and environmental protections on the project
- Applies the requirements of the Project Specific Safety Program (PSSP) to promote overall compliance of Ledcor HS&E standards, applicable OH&S/OSHA Acts, regulations and codes with all employees and subcontractors on the project
- Leads a team of 2-4 employees in the planning, execution, and billing of a project
- Trains, supports and offers guidance to new hires
- Ensures project schedules are met while maintaining company standards regarding quality protocols
- Ensures that all tailboards, traffic protection plans, time sheets, driver’s logbooks, and billing are handed in on time
- Ensures compliance with municipality hours of work, traffic protection, environmental standards, traffic bylaws, and restoration standards
- Takes action to monitor and control costs
- Oversees all client specific requirements based on contract requirements
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience in a Telecommunications Aerial Construction Foreman role.
- Sound knowledge of all aspects of Telecommunications Construction; including the placement of steel (strand) and transfer of existing plant on communications poles
- Solid understanding of current construction practices and proficient knowledge of construction documents
- Proven ability to guide safe work practices in a high-pressure environment while maintaining project quality, schedule, and budget
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple project stakeholders, interpret stakeholders’ needs, and identify solutions
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to perform physically demanding tasks as needed; must be capable to lift 50 lbs on a regular basis
- Experience working with little supervision, while adding to a safe and positive team environment is a must; follows safety policies and procedures and wears the required personal protective equipment required for the job
- Comfortable working outdoors in all weather conditions (hot, cold, rain, snow, and sleet) and able to perform work on uneven surfaces; experienced with climbing ladders, on/off equipment and work from various heights
- Must have and maintain a valid provincial driver's license, appropriate to the requirements of the vehicle being driven, and a clear drivers abstract
- Successful completion of pre-employment background check
- May travel to various communities across Ontario if needed
- Able to meet the physical requirements of the position which involves sitting, standing, bending, climbing, lifting (up to 75 pounds), working at heights, in confined spaces and in all types of weather conditions (rain, snow, heat etc.)
- Preference given to local applicants
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Oct 5, 2020
169 Front Street, Belleville, ON, Canada