You’re an Estimator with experience working in Outside Plant construction projects. You will perform quantity take offs, cost analysis, sub-trade negotiations, competitive bid management and document control while utilizing current estimating software. You will support build estimating activities involved in preparing hard bid, cost plus and design build estimates for projects.
Are you ready for an exciting job in telecommunications construction? Join Ledcor Technical Services in Calgary, AB today!
- Implements and maintains Ledcor systems and procedures in relation to estimating
- Performs general administrative and recordkeeping functions.
- Performs quantity take offs on a wide range of scopes of work.
- Performs on-site project fielding duties to support estimate validation.
- Assists in contacting trades and suppliers, regarding invitations, pricing, addenda and tender/bid closings Assists in developing the project schedule
- Assists in the selection and maintenance of subcontractor database
- Provides guidance for non-estimating personnel on their estimating related requirements.
- Interfaces and communicates (written and oral) with the estimating team and management as needed.
- Participates in ongoing training and development within estimating.
- Completion of post-secondary education with a diploma or degree related to Construction Management, Quantity Surveying, Estimating, Engineering, Telecom or related education.
- 3+ years related work experience or combination of relevant education and experience.
- Strong computer background including experience with MS Office and any related estimating software (may include HCSS, OST, MS Project, Agtek, Primavera, AutoCAD).
- Strong communication skills, confident interacting with key contacts in verbal, written and electronic form.
- Maintain a safe driving record in compliance with Ledcor DriveSafe program.
- Capable of proactively participating in discussions, asking questions and thinking critically, ensuring understanding and providing explanations clearly and precisely.
- Willing to work co-operatively with others to achieve team goals and objectives.
- Successful completion of a criminal background check and pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic.
Jul 17, 2020
1930 Maynard Road SE, Calgary, AB, Canada