As the Project Manager, Finance Technologies you will be responsible for managing key financial system projects for Ledcor Finance Transformation Initiative. You will oversee all aspects of projects, manage and coordinate effort of team members and third-party contractors/consultants, set deadlines, assign responsibilities, manage stakeholder expectations, and summarize progress of project to ensure successful project execution according to plan. Projects include but not limited to Procure-to-Pay, Time Capture, Subcontract Management, or General Accounting and Reporting areas. The role reports to Director, Financial Systems and Project Steering Committee.
This role is an 18 months full time position.
If you are looking for a career where you can make a real difference, come join our True Blue team today!
- Define and document project charter, project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals and ensure technical feasibility, in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders
- Manage and lead project teams to ensure resources are allocated effectively
- Identify project issues, risks, dependencies and critical path, ensuring escalations where necessary
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Determine and assess need for additional project staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recruitments during project cycle if necessary
- Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure all aspects of each project are compatible
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Ensure all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget per expectations
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations
- Monitoring project progress, performance, and providing status reports
- Effectively communicate project expectations to project team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
- Special projects as assigned
- Minimum 7 years progressive experience as a Project Manager in a similar role
- Previous experience of managing finance technologies projects in large organizations
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Engineering, or other relevant discipline
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation would be an asset
- Foundational knowledge of IT infrastructure and architecture
- Previous consulting experience is preferred
- Proficient in MS Office suites and/or project management scheduling tool
- Strong understanding of technology projects, development, and testing life cycle
- Ability to lead, negotiate and influence others
- Ability to communicate effectively in both technical and non-technical terms
- Proven ability to multitask, manage tight deadlines, and adapt to changing priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Understanding of relevant industry knowledge would be an asset
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Jul 29, 2020
1067 West Cordova Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada