You are a motivated Health and Safety Leader who has extensive experience in a fast-paced, dynamic, pipeline construction environment. Using your strong leadership skills, you will mentor and train Safety Coordinators to successfully deliver Ledcor’s Health and Safety programs. You are a recognized leader in the health and safety function, and you know how to earn the respect of your staff, project management, and clients.
Apply today to join our Pipeline team !
- Mentor, train and coach site HS&E personnel as well as operations personnel
- Advise, ensure, and be responsible for the implementation of HS&E program on project site(s) ensuring continuous improvement and adherence to company standards
- Develop Project Hazard Assessments (PHA) and Project Specific Safety Plans (PSSPs) (aligned with Ledcor’s HS&E program) to meet client and regulatory requirements within their site and regulatory jurisdictions
- Represent Ledcor at client meetings and interface with Senior Leadership where required
- Participate in the evaluation and selection of Safety Coordinators including ongoing performance management and career development goals and objectives
- Enable and facilitate HS&E and operations resources to meet short and long-term HS&E objectives
- Set daily, weekly, and monthly targets for HS&E employees to achieve for their respective site(s)
- Provide guidance and oversight for the incident management of investigations at the project level
- Lead Health and Safety audits (internal and external) and develop action plans to address deficiencies identified
- 10+ years Health and Safety experience in the Oil and Gas industry with a focus on pipeline construction with 5 years of experience in a safety management role
- NCSO Certification or an Occupational Health & Safety Certificate, degree or diploma as well as be in pursuit of CRSP, CSP or other HS&E designation
- Strong presentation and communication skills with intermediate knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in a fast-paced, pipeline construction environment
- Possess a high level of expertise in incident investigations, determining corrective actions and ensuring implementation of said corrective actions
- Proven understanding of workers compensation and the facilitation of employee return to work programs
- Can comfortably handle risk/uncertainty and able to make timely self-directed decisions under tight timelines and pressure
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Jul 23, 2020
7008 Roper Road NW, Edmonton, AB, Canada