As a Superintendent, you bring over 3 years of field operations experience working within Residential Multi Family construction. You are responsible for the smooth functioning of day-to-day field operations to ensure that projects are completed on time and within budget. Working independently or with direction from the team, this individual implements the project plan and schedule, ensures site safety and quality control, and delegates work to field staff, contractors, and trades people.
This role is a one-year full time position.
Diversify your experience. Join the Ledcor Building Construction team today in Winnipeg!
- Ensures that projects are built according to approved plans, specifications, shop drawings, and applicable building codes. Oversees quality testing requirements and manages Project Quality Plan (PQP) conformance on site.
- Ensures that site safety measures meet or exceed the parameters set out by corporate safety manuals and all regulatory boards and authorities. Leads project safety meetings as required. Participates in developing the Project Specific Safety Program (PSSP), and in the incident investigation process.
- Monitors short-term construction schedule to ensure milestones and completion dates are met.
- Ensures subcontractor or direct labour manpower, materials, tools and resources are available to meet the schedule.
- Estimates duration of activities and materials required for multi-discipline estimates. Assesses impacts of change requests for work within scope of responsibility
- Provides direction to field staff and coordinates resources within scope of control to meet project objectives.
- Supervises subcontractors on site with regards to safety, schedule and quality expectations.
- Prepares purchase requisitions to meet requirements, and reviews subtrade/supplier invoices.
- Issues materials and services purchase orders, confirms receipt of materials and return of equipment
- Supervises field employees; ensures their work is planned and performed efficiently and their timesheets are accurately coded
- Performs other related duties as outlined in Ledcor’s Construction Operations Manual
- 3+ years of construction experience as a Superintendent or similar direct supervisory role. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in multi family projects.
- 5-6 years of construction experience as a foreman, lead hand, or in a similar direct supervisory role
- Combination of work experience and/or technical training in an industry-related trade certification/education program
- Working knowledge of health, safety and environmental protection practices and procedures as they apply to common construction processes
- Understanding of current construction practices, construction documents, costs and budgets
- Ability to guide safe work practices in a high pressure environment
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple stakeholders, understand and interpret stakeholder needs and identify solutions
- Ability to use Word, Excel, and Outlook; familiar with scheduling software
- Must have and maintain a valid provincial driver’s license
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements
Ledcor Building offers full-service construction for commercial, residential, institutional, and light industrial projects, along with expertise in green building. Our depth of knowledge and expertise come from building hundreds of projects – of all sizes – across North America each year.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Jul 27, 2020
1340 Chevrier Blvd., Winnipeg, MB, Canada