You are a highly motivated environmental professional who will partner with the Senior Environmental Coordinator to perform monitoring and reporting duties associated with the Environmental Management Plan for the assigned project. You will be working with one or more teams tasked to install environmental controls and mitigation measures to safeguard water, air, and soil quality and protection of wildlife and habitat potentially affected by construction activities. Your role is also responsible for all aspects regarding the safeguarding of the environment in the day to day operations of the project.
Apply today to join our Pipeline team in Valmount & Blue River!
- Establish control measures that may impact air quality, land management, site inspection, waste management, water quality and wildlife management and all environmental matters and related issues in support of the project
- Develop, administer, and maintain waste management plan (including hazardous wastes) for construction site including waste manifests, cradle to grave tracking, and overall plan administration in compliance with client expectations and applicable federal, provincial, and local regulations
- Prepare environmental progress reports, erosion and sedimentation control plans, and other environmental documentation
- Responsible for field supervision of Environmental Monitors and skilled labor team to ensure sediment and erosion control measures are appropriately executed
- Perform Environmental Hazard Assessments and develop Safe Work Practices and Best Management Practices when required by project team or client
- Facilitate meetings and/or training sessions to ensure project personnel are aware of the environmental protection plan and procedures
- Work with clients, subcontractors, regulatory bodies, First Nations and special interest groups
- Provide advice to the project supervisory team on the implementation of recommendations from environmental documentation, corrective actions/ resolutions, or issues that have an impact on the project including schedule
- Ensure daily and weekly monitoring reports are completed and submitted to project supervisory team and/or client representative
- 3-5 years of combined education and experience in the delivery/management of an environmental compliance program
- Post-Secondary education in one of the Earth Sciences disciplines (i.e. Biology, Geography, Forestry, Agriculture) or Diploma in Environmental Technology
- Strong computer background including experience with MS Word and Excel
- Background in developing, monitoring and auditing environmental practices and performance
- Extensive knowledge of relevant environmental and waste legislation, standards, and effective industry practices
- Extensive knowledge of construction site erosion and sedimentation controls and BMP’s
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to coordinate the efforts of others to accomplish objectives
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving and decision-making abilities
- Site based position - 6 days on 1 day off or other various shifts
- LOA or camp based position
- Remote locations
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Aug 28, 2020
7008 Roper Road NW, Edmonton, AB, Canada