As the Claims Analyst you will support the Claims Manager in managing the company’s claim program from notice of loss through final settlement. You will take the lead in ensuring Insurers are notified correctly and creating plans to resolve the claims through collaboration with internal customers, brokers and insurers. You will also make a positive impact in using data collected in the claims process to inform the business on best practices and trend analysis.
If you are looking for a career where you can make a real difference, come join our True Blue team today!
- Manage the setup of new claims by identifying appropriate insurance policies and/or coverage
- Prepare the notice of loss details and reporting claims to insurers against identified policies (Auto, Property, Contractor Equipment, Liability, Builders Risk)
- Conduct full investigations into self-insured claims, reviewing, and analyzing legal precedent, legislative protections, or agreements/contracts
- Manage intake of the claims, and notification process using RMIS (Risk Management Information System) and working closely with stakeholders to align on strategy in order to ensure progress to closure of file
- Work closely with internal and external parties with respect to general claims inquiries, including Clients, Third Party Adjusters, Brokers or Ledcor Staff
- Ability to independently engage the correct stakeholders and facilitate claim reviews with the Business
- Provide insight on Company’s insurable losses through regular internal reporting on claims and also preparing clear and concise resolution plans on claims
- Lead monthly internal claim reviews with Business assigned
- Responsible for overall maintenance of comprehensive claims records including claims notes, document management and online system management
- Projects and other duties as assigned
- Minimum 5 years practical and relevant experience as a claims professional
- Completion of post-secondary education with a diploma or degree related to Risk Management
- Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP), Canadian Risk Management (CRM) or substantial progress to completion
- Experience in managing construction claims would be a great asset.
- Considerable and in-depth industry knowledge combined with practical experience in the principles, practices and procedures used in claims investigation and management
- Experience in leading cross-functional teams to resolve insurance claims
- Experience in RMIS systems and adapting to new technologies
- Excellent verbal, written and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to prioritize work
- Ability to solve complex problems and taking on a new perspective using existing solutions
- Acts as a resource for other team members
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Sep 11, 2020
7008 Roper Road NW, Edmonton, AB, Canada