You are an experienced environmental professional who has experience on large infrastructure projects or pipeline construction projects. As the Environmental Manager you will provide advice and recommendations to the Senior Environmental Manager regarding potential environmental risk and solutions for risk mitigation. You are responsible for the day to day operations and function of the Environmental Management team. You are a problem solver and continuously look for innovative solutions that can be utilized on projects.
Come join our True Blue team in Burnaby!!
- Lead the environmental compliance for the project
- Identify, assess and reduce environmental risks to the company
- Perform and oversee field inspections and monitoring (water quality, underwater noise etc.)
- Identify wetland and sensitive environmental areas for protection and fencing in advance of construction activities.
- Maintaining project data tracking requirements
- Monitor, forecast and communicate environmental costs at the project level
- Develop and conduct environmental protection and awareness training to staff at all levels
- Function as a principal technical advisor and coordinator for environmental issues
- Coordinate with relevant crews on their work locations, material needs, quantities and invoices
- Interpret and apply environmental specifications and drawings avoiding and minimizing adverse effects to the natural environment and local communities.
- Prepare project required reports and communication of environmental risks to project management
- Requirements 8-10 years of experience managing design and construction environmental compliance for large construction projects (infrastructure experience would be ideal)
- Minimum undergraduate degree in an environmental science or engineering field
- Qualified Environmental Professional designation is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Provincial and Federal environmental legislation
- Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
- Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
- Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
- Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Sep 4, 2020
8051 Enterprise Street, Burnaby, BC, Canada