You are an estimating professional with 8+ years of experience working in multi-disciplinary commercial construction projects working with a General Contractor. You will perform quantity take offs, cost analysis, sub-trade negotiations, competitive bid management and document control while utilizing current estimating software (OST). Working independently or with minimal supervision, you will support estimating activities involved in preparing hard bid, cost plus and design build estimates for projects.
Join the Ledcor Building team in Vancouver, BC.
- Implements and maintains Ledcor systems and procedures in relation to estimating
- Assists in the solicitation of trades regarding bid invitations, pricing, addenda, and tender/bid closings
- Produces quantity take-offs for all areas of the estimate while ensuring the take-off is well notated for hand-over to the project team and includes safety and security requirements required by Ledcor policies and applicable legislation
- Analyzes plans, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare bid estimates for projects, performs complete estimates on selected projects consisting of project site visit, quantity take-off, pricing, and presentation of the estimate for management review
- Interfaces and communicates effectively (written and oral) with the estimating team, with all levels of management, clients and industry contacts; contacts and develops business relationships with subcontractors and suppliers for pricing within estimates
- Develops the schedule on which the estimate is built based, requests input from the project team and the various trades required
- Ability to work closely with our external and internal stakeholders e.g. Client, consultant, design team etc.
- Develops complete estimates on selected projects consisting of project site visit, quantity take-off, pricing, and presentation of the estimate for management review
- Contacts trades and suppliers regarding invitations, pricing, addenda and tender/bid closings
- Provides guidance for non-estimating personnel on their estimating related requirements
- Is actively aware of costs related to own work and associated projects, provides input to the estimating team on all financial cost matters; reviews bid / tender documents and assesses potential risk
- May perform other related duties as assigned
- Minimum 8+ years of estimating experience preferably within commercial construction
- General Contractor experience is a must
- Completion of post-secondary education with a diploma or degree related to Construction Management, Quantity Surveying, Estimating, Engineering or related education
- Understanding of construction documents and the ability to assess the level of completeness. Knowledge of construction costs and budgets, ability to develop a project schedule
- Strong computer background including experience with MS Office and related estimating software; knowledge of OST an asset
- Ability to work in a team environment; able to manage multiple priorities and work under pressure
- Ability to identify problems/issues; looks beyond the immediate problem to the wider implications and generates possible solutions
- Capable of adapting information/style to the audience; explains difficult information clearly and influences and persuades others towards consensus agreement in straightforward situations
- Willing to promote teamwork by motivating, coaching and guiding others
Ledcor Building offers full-service construction for commercial, residential, institutional, and light industrial projects, along with expertise in green building. Our depth of knowledge and expertise come from building hundreds of projects – of all sizes – across North America each year.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Oct 8, 2020
1067 West Cordova Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada