You are an experienced Senior Project Accountant who will be responsible for coordinating the accurate and timely entry and reporting of data in the company financial systems. This includes accounts receivable, subcontract management, payroll, equipment time entry, accounts payable and month end reporting. Interaction and communication with management and project teams are important to ensure accuracy, timeliness, and completeness of data. This role may include staff supervision, mentoring & guidance, training and performance reviews. You are a problem solver and continuously look for innovative solutions that can be utilized on projects.
Come join our Ledcor team supporting Fort McMurray today!
- Provide reporting and information to project management & operations as required
- Supports the project management team in completing monthly cost and profitability reporting, including monthly accrual entry
- Coordinates the accounts receivable functions including the timely and accurate submittal of LEMs, Electronic Daily Billing and invoicing
- Pursues payment collection from client and reports on overdue balances to project management
- Working knowledge of hire-ons, terminations, records of employment, inter-company transfers and electronic HR Systems
- Review Accounts Payable to ensure accurate cost coding and compliance to purchase order
- Prepares and enters Journal Entries into financial ERP system
- Managing the day-to-day activities and development of the onsite accounting team, as required
- 5+ years of related accounting or analysis experience
- Business/Accounting degree or diploma required
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and financial applications including ERP software
- Analytical skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment, able to multi-task, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Leadership experience including mentoring, coaching and performance management
- Commitment to continuous improvement and excellent customer service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Well-developed interpersonal and organization skills
- Relevant industry and JD Edwards experience would be an asset
- Varied depending on assignment –local project office, shift based remote worksite and working from home
- Remote worksite rotational shift - 14/7 or 10/4 schedule typical. Travel and accommodations provided. Successful completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol required
- Local project office and/or working from home shifts – 14/7, 10/4 or 5/2 schedule typical
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Sep 18, 2020
7008 Roper Road NW, Edmonton, AB, Canada