You are early in your Accounting career and eager to start your career. Reporting to the Project Controller you will be responsible for the accurate and timely entry and reporting of data in the company financial systems. This includes accounts receivable, subcontract management, payroll, equipment time entry, accounts payable and month end. Interaction and communication with management and project teams are important to ensure accuracy, timeliness, and completeness of data. You are a team player and willing to learn the business acumen to support all of Ledcor’s diverse business’.
Join our Ledcor team today!
- Prepare and submit LEMs / Electronic Daily Billings to the client
- Coordinate the collection and submission of documentation required for invoicing, including statutory declarations and WCB clearance letters, etc
- Working understanding of project contractual commercial terms
- Monitor and update project AR reports
- Set up subcontractors in financial ERP system and reconcile subcontractor invoices against daily tracking.
- Support employee onboarding and termination processes through electronic HR system
- Working understanding of Union and Pre-job Agreements
- Run and review daily payroll exception reports, provide comments and distribute to project management for review
- Extract internal equipment hours from payroll system and process weekly/monthly equipment time entry including top ups and rate reviews
- Track outside rental agreements against contract agreements
- Assist procurement and accounts payable to resolve any issues including review and reconciliation of cost coding and open commitments
- Prepare and enter journal entries
- 0-2 years of related administrative, accounting, or analysis experience
- Business/Accounting degree or diploma required
- Experience in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Analytical skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment, able to multi-task, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Commitment to continuous improvement and excellent customer service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Well-developed interpersonal and organization skills
- Relevant industry and JD Edwards experience would be an asset
- Varied depending on assignment – both local project office (currently work from home) and shift based remote worksite opportunities available
- Remote worksite rotational shift - 14/7 or 10/4 schedule typical. Travel and accommodations/LOA provided. Successful completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol required
- Willingness to relocate would be an asset
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Aug 19, 2020
7008 Roper Road NW, Edmonton, AB, Canada