You are a senior labour advisor who is an experienced contributor to the Industrial Relations department. You will provide knowledge and expertise through the service and programs delivered to the various business units. As a Senior Advisor, you utilize your senior professional level and experience with union/employee relations and grievance management, labour market research/impact analysis, collective bargaining and negotiations to effectively support the organization.
Come join our True Blue team today!
- Interface with business leaders to provide advice and guidance regarding the interpretation, compliance, administration and implementation of the Collective Agreement(s) terms and conditions as required
- Oversee and be responsible for the research, administration and distribution of Industrial Relations documents including but not exclusive to wage schedules, meeting minutes, summaries, presentations, Collective Agreements and related documents involving unionized employees
- Act or assist in Chief Spokesperson responsibilities for negotiations/collective bargaining of Collective Agreements and their assorted documents as assigned
- Contribute to the collective bargaining pre-negotiation preparation research and proposal costing to develop and provide guidance on the strategy and obtain leadership approval on the mandate
- Review and deliver various Industrial Relations training presentations including Progressive Discipline, Respect in the Workplace and Collective Agreements to the different levels within Ledcor business units as assigned
- Interface with Union Representatives on employee related matters including progressive discipline, grievances, wages, working conditions, etc
- Consult with internal and external labour legal counsel as directed regarding grievances, employee issues, labour strategies, legislation or other applicable Labour Relations issues
- Mentor and support other team members; assist others in a collaborative manner to achieve team and individual success
- Degree/Diploma in Business (Industrial or Labour Relations, Human Resources, other related fields)
- 8+ years of experience in an Industrial or Labour Relations or Human Resources generalist role with experience supporting a unionized workforce
- Provide high quality service with a focus on strong business acumen and quality decision making with the ability to propose creative and innovative solutions to meet business needs
- Strong technical skills in Labour Relations Collective Agreement administration and interpretation, market research/analysis and experience with union negotiations
- Ability to build and foster effective client relationships and use effective influencing strategies
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with an ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment with competing priorities and business needs
- Effective oral and written communication and presentation skills
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Aug 12, 2020
7008 Roper Road NW, Edmonton, AB, Canada