You’re a Senior Project Manager with over 8+ years of experience working on complex construction. You will develop and execute project plans and schedules, ensure the highest safety and quality standards. You have a proven track record for meetings budgets, schedules and scope for a demanding set of projects and clients.
If you are interested in working with exciting construction projects, join the Ledcor Building team in Ottawa, ON.
- Demonstrates leadership in health, safety and environmental protection on the project. Applies the requirements of the Project Specific Safety Program (PSSP) to promote overall compliance of Ledcor HS&E standards, applicable OH&S acts, regulations and codes with all employees and subcontractors on the project
- Creates and/or facilitates the Project Quality Program to ensure project materials are supplied and work is completed accordingly
- Ensures that projects are built according to approved plans, specifications, shop drawings, and applicable building codes and that quality standards are maintained
- Develops and maintains the construction schedule in conjunction with project team to meet milestones and completion dates
- Leads project meetings with internal and external stakeholders to monitor and support the project’s ongoing progression
- Provides strong leadership to construction team members, capitalizing on individual and group strengths to ensure project targets are achieved
- Identifies and manages opportunities and risks to achieve the best possible impact on schedule and financial targets
- Maintains, tracks and reports all financial aspects of project including forecasts and billings
- Manages the procurement process including subcontractor/trade/supplier negotiations and awards
- Performs other related duties as outlined in Ledcor’s Construction Operations Manual
- 8+ years of related work experience as a Senior Project Manager on diverse building construction projects
- Completed post-secondary education in Construction, Engineering or related discipline an asset
- Comprehensive knowledge of construction documents, drawings, specifications, costs, budgets and current construction practices and methodology
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple stakeholders, understand and interpret stakeholder needs
- Ability to determine a problem’s root causes, identify short and long term solutions, anticipate patterns and look beyond the immediate problem to the wider implications
- Strong negotiation skills; ability to influence and persuade others to reach consensus
- Must have and maintain a valid provincial driver’s license
Ledcor Building offers full-service construction for commercial, residential, institutional, and light industrial projects, along with expertise in green building. Our depth of knowledge and expertise come from building hundreds of projects – of all sizes – across North America each year.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Aug 19, 2020
6 Booth Street, Ottawa, ON, Canada