As the Community & Construction Liaison, on this segment of the Transmountain Expansion project you will play a key role in the execution of this landmark infrastructure project. You will have a strong related background and preferably previous exposure to the pipeline industry.
Come join our True Blue team in Valmont!
Responsibilities and Duties
- Coordination with stakeholders, Indigenous representatives, project team, and subcontractors.
- Assist in Indigenous liaison as company representative
- Handling of local concerns, inquiries, and complaints.
- Review the plans and specifications for the construction contract(s).
- Develop, maintain, and keep a current calendar of significant community events including Cultural/Religious Festivals, Street Fairs, Snowmobiling/Tourism events etc.
- Develop a Community Notification Network, identifying key community institutions and organizations by name, association, and address.
- Preparation of informational materials, including construction notices and electronic communications.
- Preparation of project-related press releases, news, responses to media inquiries.
- Keep field office records regarding community interaction, including without limitation, complaints received and all correspondence, meetings, and task force minutes.
- Support responsibilities of security during times when Supervisor of Security is away.
- Provide stakeholder relations/HR engagement for code of conduct of employees while off duty.
- Assist in other stakeholder relation duties as required including Indigenous employment and training.
Qualifications and Skills
- Diploma or Certificate in Communication, Social Work, or Business Public Relations Field, Law Enforcement experience with an emphasis on major event security. Any experience in Engineering, Construction Management is a plus.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience.
- Experience working with community agencies, governments and interest groups is a plus.
- Experience managing public relations, schedules, and community meetings.
- Proven excellence in public interaction and must have strong communication skills/report writing and investigational skills.
- Experience in addressing issues essential to minimizing construction impacts on community quality of life and supporting timely project completion.
- Demonstrated commitment to providing a safe and healthful workplace.
- Experience dealing with senior management in sensitive issues and complex problems.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Sep 24, 2020
2975 Airport Road, Kamloops, BC, Canada