You are an experienced Sideboom Operator with experience in the Oil & Gas industry. You will be directly responsible for the safe operation of sidebooms in crowded, fast-paced working environments.
Join the Ledcor team in Fort McMurray, AB now!
- Operate 572, 583 and 594 models in order to move pipe/welding/bolt up.
- Effectively and safely operates hydraulic sidebooms utilizing machine specific controls and machine attachments to complete all necessary tasks.
- Utilize sideboom in adverse terrain, and winter operations, and exercises extreme caution with awareness of potential situational hazards to ensure site safety.
- operators, ground personnel and swampers, and acts accordingly
- Conduct pre-trip/walk-around safety inspections and completes daily Field Level Hazard Assessments, logs and reports any maintenance concerns with the equipment
- Performs effective operation of equipment by recognizing unusual machine movements and sounds
- Minimum 5 years’ experience operating sidebooms
- Must be able to interpret capacity chart(s) and identify the rigging requirements
- Must be able to understand the capacity of each component and the relationships between the length of the boom, length of cable, cable size and load limits
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing
- Must possess valid CSTS .09 (Construction Safety Training Systems) certification and OSSA Regional Orientation or Basic Safety Orientation certificate
- Must possess and maintain a clean driver’s abstract and valid class 5 driver's license
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs, work at heights, be agile and able to go on/off equipment.
- Applicants who reside in Fort McMurray will be given preference due to the location of the project
- Camp and travel are not provided for this project
- 14/7 shift rotation working 10-12 hours per day
- Benefits provided by CLAC
- Work will be outdoors in rough terrain and under extreme weather conditions
Ledcor Pipeline offers a unique set of pipeline services unmatched anywhere in the oil and gas industry. From pipeline construction to investigative digs and subcontractor management, we are accustomed to operating in challenging terrain, and we maintain some of the largest pipeline networks in the world.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Aug 27, 2020
Fort MacKay Industrial Park Lot 21, Fort MacKay, AB, Canada