Ledcor is seeking an experienced Senior HSE Manager located in our Edmonton, AB office. This role ensures the effectiveness of the HSE program for our Industrial Construction and Maintenance business units within the Ledcor Constructors group. This person will mentor, coach, direct and supervise the work activities of project site HSE managers, supervisors and professional HSE employees. In addition, this person will work with the senior management team to develop and enhance the HSE culture within Ledcor.
- Works with and supports operations to achieve planned results and provides process, program and technical guidance to operations employees at all levels
- Works with field operations and other support staff to ensure efficient and effective integration of HSE in to business management
- Establishes a continuous improvement approach to HSE development both for new programs and effectiveness of existing programs
- Works closely with business unit and senior management on the development and implementation of HSE processes and ensures they are aligned with Ledcor’s program and helps projects to achieve industry leading HS&E performance
- Explains difficult HSE concepts, persuades others to adopt a point of view and explains how HSE and Operations objectives are aligned and mutually supportive
- Manages performance of HSE employees through goal setting, ongoing assessment, coaching, development discussions, constructing effective development plans and helping employees execute them
- Builds an environment that supports cooperation and cohesiveness among the work team and with other functional areas within the organization
- Possess a high level of expertise in incident investigations, determining corrective actions and ensuring follow-up. Participates in and/or leads incident investigations in their business unit
- Balances developing new, or enhanced process with better execution of existing processes
- 15+ years’ experience in HS&E with 10+ years’ experience in a supervisory or managerial role including experience in other relevant areas
- CRSP Designation
- Experience as an HSE Lead or Manager on large O&G Industrial or Maintenance projects is considered an asset
- Degree, Diploma or Certificate in HS&E and/or related education or equivalencies
- Knowledge in Health and Safety Management systems and experienced in managing HSE auditing programs
- Travel up to 50% of the time will be required
- Ability to guide team communication to increase group performance
- Ability to foster candid, open, honest dialogue both within HSE and with operations and senior management
- Ability to bring out the best in people to achieve positive results through coaching and mentoring
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Nov 25, 2020
7008 Roper Road NW, Edmonton, AB, Canada