As the Senior Director, Technology Strategic Planning, you will be responsible for leading, developing, and monitoring all technology planning efforts across the Ledcor Group of Companies. You will drive the development and maintenance of long-term technology roadmaps for the operating groups and the corporate/shared services teams to ensure alignment.
To support these activities, you will be responsible for the review and recommendation of new technology initiatives to the Executive/Board to ensure alignment with the published roadmaps
Finally, you will provide thought leadership, strategic direction, market analysis, and project oversight to guide the short and long-term development of digital capabilities at Ledcor.
Join the Ledcor team in Vancouver or Edmonton!
- Partners with leaders in the various divisional Business Units and Corporate/Shared Services teams (e.g. IS, HR, Finance, etc.) across Canada and the U.S. to develop coordinated strategic plans that span three to five years and align to Ledcor’s key priorities.
- Develop and implement a roadmap framework that clearly articulates the current state environment and a path to the desired future state, including tracking and communicating ongoing progress and deviations.
- Own and lead Ledcor’s technology planning agenda, collaborating with IS, divisional Business Unit, and Corporate/Shared Services stakeholders to drive step-change and long-term objectives across people, process, and technology strategy.
- Develop a deep understanding of Ledcor’s business and create trusted relationships with senior leaders throughout Ledcor.
- Work with the SVP/CIO, the Information Services Leadership Team, and the Business Improvement team to develop and maintain a strategic planning framework for IS that aligns with the strategic planning processes.
- Oversee the creation of compelling presentation and business cases to effectively align people and technology investments that drive business outcomes.
- Develop an extensive network of external relationships to gather knowledge, industry best practices, and insight to augment and enhance Ledcor’s technology path forward.
- Serve as an active member of the IS Leadership Team to ensure open communication exists and support for the overall delivery process that exists across the various pillars of the organization.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information, Technology, Business Administration, or Information-related field; Master's Degree preferred
- Minimum of 10 + years’ experience in technology leadership developing and executing strategic plans and/or management consulting in highly dynamic and large scale environments
- Minimum of 5 years’ senior leadership experience, preferably Senior Director level or above
- Demonstrated technical and business aptitude that allows you to understand, translate, and guide discussions and decisions at a strategic enterprise level as well as at a detailed execution level
- Superb communication skills, written and verbal, to various levels within an organization
- Influential presentation skills
- Ability to build and maintain trusted relationships with customers and stakeholders
- Ability to translate complex business strategies and needs into strategic priorities that leverage industry trends and emerging technologies while integrating existing architectures, platforms, and data
- Respectfully pushes boundaries and creates tensions to produce results
- Shows intellectual curiosity, is an agile learner and applies learning to improve
- Demonstrates resilience and resourcefulness when faced with challenges and obstacles
- Thinks and acts strategically and is skilled at educating and influencing the thinking of others
- Keeps focused on long-term, strategic goals while executing against short-term objectives
- Fosters an innovative environment by encouraging colleagues to explore and pilot new ways of looking at problems, processes, and solutions
- Asks the right questions, makes fact-based decisions, and takes calculated risks to push the organization to achieve superior results
- Creates plans that align people, culture, communications, and processes needed to realize value
- Is adept at working within the realities and constraints of the organization, understanding when to work within and existing framework and when to push for change
- Works collaboratively cross-functionally to create goals, accountabilities and outcomes while orchestrating the pace and process of change to ensure teams can be successful
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Sep 3, 2020
7008 Roper Road NW, Edmonton, AB, Canada