You’re a dynamic Accounting Supervisor that performs a variety of accounting duties following established company procedures, including monitoring and enforcing financial controls and policies. The supervisor should be focused on driving process efficiencies and streamlining our processes, while providing support to Junior and Intermediate Accountants.
Come join our team in Vancouver, BC today!
- Manages the month end close, reviews the preparation of month end journal entries and fixed asset and lease accounting, balance sheet account reconciliations, GST/PST returns, and US Sales and Use Tax returns
- Provides accounting administrative support to shared services, including streamlining of processes to maximize efficiencies
- Supervises and monitors status of Group Allocations such as shared services allocation, job insurance allocations, including annual rent
- Prepares and oversees the documentation of group accounting administrative processes and procedures
- Assists with year-end audit, GST/PST examinations, and payroll requirements. Assists with ad-hoc financial analysis and projects as required
- provides accounting administrative support to other shared services departments and supervises the work of Junior and Intermediate Accountants
- Minimum of 5 years’ accounting experience in audit and/or industry in a multi-entity environment
- Relevant work experience involving accounting processes and internal controls
- Previous supervisory experience required in full cycle accounting capacity
- Strong knowledge of ASPE GAAP and US GAAP, and the ability to identify issues and interpret and apply accounting standards
- Experience with foreign currency transactions and intercompany transactions
- High level of proficiency in Excel and Word
- Strong understanding of reporting systems, preferably Hyperion Financial Management an asset
- Proficiency in JD Edwards (or a similar large ERP system) an asset
- Strong relationship building, communication and influencing skills
- High standard of performance, ability to deal with ambiguity and complexities
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Sep 16, 2020
1067 West Cordova Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada