This is your opportunity to join one Canada’s leading constructors and play pivotal role in the delivery of major Industrial and resource infrastructure projects. You are an experienced Project Director with a track record of delivering self-performed heavy industrial construction projects in excess of $500m for major Canadian resource clients.
Apply today to join the Ledcor team!
- Develop and manage project budgets as well as establish all contractual relationships for a project and ensure performance is consistent with those agreements
- Maintain effective communications with owner(s) and key project participants (project management, financial stakeholders, local government officials, and sub-contractors) of each project
- Oversee the monitoring of project costs and productions in order to ensure early recognition of negative trends such that corrective measures can be implemented ASAP
- Review expected levels of documentation relating to standards for accounting issues, methodology of budget control, types of bids (fixed price, cost plus, unit price), etc.
- Provide strong leadership to all project staff, capitalizing on individual and group strengths
- Understand and ensure that all documents used are complete, protect the owner’s interest, clearly define expectations and provide incentive to perform
- Attend owner/consultant meetings with respective participants weekly to completion
- Set expected levels of documentation, standards for accounting issues, methodology of budget control, types of bids (fixed price, cost plus, unit price), etc
- Anticipate potential objections/issues in project; prepare short/long term solutions to issues
- May perform other duties as required
- 10+ years experience in a similar role within the heavy industrial construction market; with 5+ years as a Senior Project Manager
- A diploma or degree in Engineering or related Industry or related trade certification.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Excel, and ability to quickly learn new software
- Strong problem-solving skills with excellent attention to detail
- Highly organized, with an ability to manage multiple tasks, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills, combined with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work effectively in a team environment
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Oct 20, 2020
1930 Maynard Road SE, Calgary, AB, Canada