You are an experienced Project Engineer with a background in Pipeline Construction who is looking for a role that will challenge you. As a Project Engineer on this segment of the Trans Mountain Expansion Project you will play a pivotal role in the successful execution of this project. This position will work a 15 & 6 rotation.
Apply today to join our Pipeline team!
- Ensure that project commitments are kept; while providing field continuity to design specifications and to commitments made
- Administer engineering communications procedures and maintain an interface with the Project team and all facets of technical charts or changes
- Ensure that a satisfactory as-built record of the work is being made and confirm that a consistent end product is being delivered between the spreads
- Demonstrates leadership in health, safety and environmental protection on the project.
- Review submissions and attend meetings with regulatory authorities and provide technical interpretation when required
- Ensure that the level of workmanship meets or exceeds the engineering requirements of the Specifications and Drawings
- Ensure that Activity Inspectors are alerted to and aware of important engineering requirements, in advance of the contractor starting construction on these features
- Inspect and assist with the compilation of records for each test conducted to ensure it is conducted in accordance with applicable codes
- Upon completion of construction, interface with and provide necessary assistance to the group preparing the final as-built drawings, pipe records, and documentation
- Provide all necessary assistance to the Construction Manager in assessing the cost and schedule implications which may result from design changes
- 5+ years related work experience
- Completion of post secondary engineering education in Construction, Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
- Demonstrate an exceptional computer background including experience with MS Word and Excel and scheduling software
- Experience and familiarity with Pipeline construction methodology and practices is required
- Able to read, understand, and interpret engineering documents
- Exceptional communication skills, confident interacting with key contacts in verbal, written and electronic form
- Capable of responding to project stakeholder requests in typical situations and understands client needs and works to meet those needs by offering assistance and advice on standard practical issues
- Ability to identify problems/issues and generates solutions and makes sound decisions using standard procedures
- Site based position - 15 days on & 6 days off
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Oct 16, 2020
303 Pyramid Lake Road, Jasper, AB, Canada