You are a driven, collaborative, forward-thinking Human Resources professional with a proven track record of building relationships with stakeholders. You are a team player and willing to learn the business acumen to support all of Ledcor’s diverse business’. As the Human Resources Generalist, you will provide support to the business on a wide range of operational and generalist HR responsibilities for both the staff and hourly work force. You will ensure a smooth flow of services to client departments, managers and employees and assist in identifying and adding value to new and existing services.
Join our Human Resources team today!
- Provide guidance and assistance on human resource issues including employee relations, conflict resolution, performance, compensation, and exit management, workplace investigations, reductions in workforce, and HR policies and programs
- Partner with the recruitment team to identify recruitment strategies, gather workforce requirements, obtain feedback and facilitate the recruitment and onboarding process
- Attend career fairs and other events as well as participate in candidate interviews with business leaders
- Work with managers on performance issues including coaching on performance improvement, documenting performance and behavioral problems, preparing corrective action plans, and termination documentation
- Assist with the development, delivery and implementation of human resources initiatives
- Advise management of potential employee issues and assist with the investigation and research required to work through employee issues and grievances
- Consult with business leaders to provide advice and guidance regarding the interpretation of employment legislation and the administration and implementation of the appropriate legislsative requirements and conditions
- Special HR projects which may include projects related to legislative compliance, process improvement and documentation, etc.
- Degree (or diploma) with a focus in human resources management; or educational equivalent
- 5+ years of professional-level generalist human resources experience (i.e. as a HR Advisor, Consultant and/or Business Partner); which includes experience in working with business leaders in a consultative capacity
- Experience supporting business units across multiple states and jurisdictions in the US, with a thorough understanding of the variances in employment laws and requirements
- Experience in the construction/mining sector working with the craft hourly either in a Unionized or Non-Unionized sector,
- Focused on client service, with a “we can help”, teamwork orientation
- Ability to build and foster effective client relationships and utilizes effective influencing strategies
- Demonstrated conceptual, analytical, and problem-solving skills; with the ability to succeed within a fast-paced organization
- Excellent time management and organization skills, with the proven ability to juggle and reprioritize based on business demands and priorities
- Ability to handle a high-volume portfolio
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Interest in personal development and keeping “HR current” through external resources, including building an external HR network
Dec 4, 2020
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
5390 Kietzke Lane, Reno, NV, United States